Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty decent manip.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I guess there is a question of whether or not this is legit. But either way it is pretty cool.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Looks good, but looks to me like a "'shop" as it has qualities of not being a legit release from the studio.

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks awful. They probably pulled his face from some Immortals material. and his right arm looks terrible. Bad, bad, bad.

If this is what passes for good promo material, we are in a sorry time period. I miss the times before Photoshop.

5. Gojira

People have been manipulating photos long before Photoshop.

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

never so much, and never so badly

7. Gojira

You'd be surprised. I study European royalty and after photography became popular many royals would not allow sonme photos to be released to the press unless they were air brushed.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That photo isn't real. If it were some of the other entertainment sites would have picked up on it by now and I've seen nothing. That's a pretty bad photo manip. Not close to being the Cavil costume IMO.

9. davejames

Yeah there was an earlier version of this manip where he still had his Immortals hair. Looks like someone finally got around to changing it.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I don't see any Man-nip? ;)

I think it's done well if it's not legit

11. Gojira

I don't think that is the shade of blue the real costume has. But I still like the pic.

12. Admiral_Young

It also looks like they took Brandon Routh's costume (the material reminds me of the Returns suit) and slabbed an S (It is not even the MOS crest) on it and added the afore mention head shot from "Immortals".

13. Gojira

I just read a synopsis of the entire movie on line. The person that posted it didn't know if it was fake or not but if it is real I think it is going to be a great movie.

I liked it so much I will be disappointed if it isn't what the real movie is about!!!

14. Admiral_Young

^ Care to post the link?? I've read several supposed plot points from various sites that have been very interestng and some even exciting. Until we get an actual official plot synopsis though through the studio there is no way to actually judge what is online.

15. Gojira

It is on AICN. There is a thread about Daniel Day lewis as Lincoln and in the Talk Back section some guy named vadakinx posted it...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52124

Even if it isn't true...this sounded pretty good.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ It comes across pretty convincingly, I thought. Though anyone with a good imagination who'd seen the pics leaked so far could have put it together themselves.

17. Gojira

It does line up with the pictures we have seen and I agree that anyone with some creativity could have put that together.

If it is the movie I don't think I will be disappointed and if it is not the movie...well I have read a nice little short story. :)

18. Admiral_Young

Interesting. It should be noted the poster himself states that it is possibly fake but yeah it is a decent read. I've read that earlier drafts referenced Brainiac destroying Krypton (referenced not shown in the movie) and that Lex Luthor was in early drafts. This is the most coherent "rumoured" plot leak I've read though. It would also seem I was right and that LexCorp will be a presence in the back ground of the film much like OsCorp and the Daily Bugle will be in the Spider-Man film. Thanks for posting this.

19. davejames

I don't know. It's got some cool moments, but like a lot of these fake summaries I've seen, the story seems way too busy and plot-heavy. And with too many of those "ideal" Superman moments that fans would love to see in a Superman movie.

With Nolan involved, I expect it'll be a bit more graceful and interesting and character-based than that.

20. Admiral_Young

Well to be fair it was just a plot summary, albeit a fairly detailed one but we don't really get a sense of those character moments. This is why I can't wait until we get the first teaser trailer though. Hopefully it will give us the first real sense of the film's tone.