Orange

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roshi, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I'm mad at my ISP, i.e. Orange Fr. They keep advertising 4G coverage when they're not even capable of having a good ol' 3G coverage everywhere! And they're not even compatible with iPhone 5s!!!

I know Orange is a big multinational company (Orange UK, iirc was the ISP when I lived in England). Do you encounter that kind of false advertisement?

Besides, they're waaaay over priced. But they provide US TV programs less than 24 after the original airing. But still...

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Never heard of this company. I was hoping this was going to be about colors.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Sprint's been selling 4G phones for the past couple years when my area--one of the most densely populated in the entire country--only got 4G service a few months ago. Oh, and you have to pay a $10 a month premium charge for having a 4G phone, whether you have 4G service in your area or not. It's bullshit, but still cheaper than Verizon.

There are areas I've been in the US where Sprint doesn't have coverage, period. I mean, nothing. Forget 3G, even basic calling service isn't available. Zero bars. Granted, it's out in Bumfuck, Indiana, but people do live there.

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I can't believe we're getting milked that much... When Tim Cook showed the 4G coverage slide of Europe (last June I think) there was 4G "stamps" everywhere but here. Fuck!

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You're on my list, Roshi! :scream:;)

But it's okay. These threads are about two completely different things. If only there were some kind of fruit-based idiom to explain this.

6. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

7. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Cherry-picking?

8. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Almost have to laugh at Orange (UK) new name after it's merger with T-Mobile EE (Everything Everwhere). Which would be great except were I live you are lucky to get an ordinary signal never mind 3G or 4G.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]