Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by EmoBorg, Aug 16, 2013.

1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Weird, I've never heard of this before. I just looked up Left Behind, i'm amazed that such a moronic concept has such wide appeal.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

That shit was way popular several years ago. There must be renewed interest because Obama is the Antichrist.

4. Pingfah

I'm a bit confused as to who it is supposed to appeal to. Is this whole series created just to allow Christians to feel smug and get their jollies watching atheists and muslims slaughter each other?

Doesn't sound very... Christian.

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.

6. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

The Left Behind book series had/has a HUGE following... Even among less-than-evangelical Christians... While certainly not top shelf reading, they are "page turners" and are good for passing the time... I got to about volume 6 before I lost interest...

They are really no different than your average Clive Cussler/Dan Brown thriller/murder/mystery novel.. They just appeal to the ultra-Christians (of which I am not) because they are based on Revelations.

The original movies made of this series are BAD BAD BAD... Kirk Cameron's baby... LOW production values and ham-handed acting at best...

Given a decent sized budget, These might give ol' Nic a career boost...

I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?

7. Pingfah

Why, are they all the same?

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I've seen Wicker Man, its a step up. ;)

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Last I heard, he was bankrupt last year and owed several million--like 13 or 14--to the IRS-- in addition to the alimony of two ex-wives and a few very large lawsuits aimed at him, thanks to his taking out loans on his 15 separate homes that he has yet to pay back. In the last few years, he's blown through 150 million dollars and is pretty much broke.

The dude's in serious financial hot water and I guess he just takes the first paycheck that comes along, however awful the film might be. He probably only looks at how much he'll get paid, not how bad the script is.

10. marillion

Just looking for clarification... Are they all moronic, or just the one that millions of people believe is how things will go down based on a chapter in the bible? And how is it any more moronic than other visions of the "end of the world" in either ancient or contemporary literature?

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked the Left Behind novels - the ones that weren't prequels, anyway. The prequels were not just lame, they were hyper-lame. (Never seen any of the films, nor do I ever want to.)

And, being Lutheran, I don't subscribe to "pre-millenialism" like the authors do. We are more "a-millenialist". Like so. Yet I can still find the books entertaining even if I don't necessarily agree with the views put forth in them.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does the bible state that the bodies of those called up in the rapture do not become soulless flesh-eating zombies? 'Cause if not, there's your hit movie for ya!

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Why else do you guys think he did "Ghost Rider 2"? :devil:

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I heard that was due to his accountant running off with all his money and not paying the IRS. Left Nic holding the bill so he made arrangements to pay off the IRS by taking any role thrown his way.

15. marillion

^^^Next up... Nicolas Cage as.... The Highlander.....

16. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes.

I guess you don't know many Christians.

17. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It's true, Left Behind is basically fundie fanfic.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^ :lol:

That's a good way to put it.

19. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's an "I told you so" thing, better known as a "You're going to Hell, and I was right! That's what you get for not listening to me, er, God! Yeah, God!" thing. The whole book series, and the movies, are both insufferably smug in every way.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So that's why Kirk Cameron was attracted to it!