I really hate ferengis

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ninjacore, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ninjacore

Ninjacore Commander

Anybody else hate the whole ferengi race, they are just so ugly and annoying, don't really know what to add as examples are not needed any trek fan knows what they are, just curious if anyone else hates them.

2. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

I hated their initial appearances but Quark's antics have made me lol on many occasions! The DS9 Ferengi episodes were brilliantly done, particulary "The Magnificent Ferengi" where they all team up to trade a Vorta for Quark's mother! :lol:

3. klingonhybrid

klingonhybrid Ensign Red Shirt

Ninjacore- Im guessing you have only watched TNG...??

In the TNG Ive watched they were depicted in a less than friendly light, but in DS9 you really get to learn more about them, and you come to like quark, his brother, and even the grand negus....
    Plus, they get a bad rap as far as business goes, but if I was a bounty hunter or trader, Id keep a long list of ferengis....you know what your getting with ferengis

Ferenginar is cool too...its rainy

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

The Ferengi are ugly and annoying, but that's the point. They really didn't come into their own until DS9, and I've loved Ferengi ever since.

5. Ninjacore

Ninjacore Commander

I've seen DS9 as well, I hate Quark, I just wanna stomp on his head till hes dead, I think it stems from my dislike of people who act like him, so i'd hate a character who does, I was always wishing the shapechanger guy would just kill him and say self defense.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Needless to say, TNG's attempts to make them villains failed. DS9's Ferengi comedies receive their share of criticism. And while those episodes do tend to be rather silly, I feel that Quark, Rom and Nog are three outstanding characters who provided some of DS9's finest moments, both comedic and serious.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've heard a few people say this, even to the point of not watching DS9 because of them.

I LOVE THEM. Nicely developed race that pisses all over Federation values without slaughtering folk. Great wardrobes, some fantastic stories. I loved it that we got to see Ferenginar too.

8. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

I've loved the Ferengii ever since DS9. They'll make for some interesting characters in fics yet to be written. I can't wait to see more clothed Ferengii (female) Captains in Starfleet's transport lanes and a later on, more mainstream Starfleet ~itself~. Keep progress realistically gradual yet visible.

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Not Quark. He possesses beautiful eyes. Snappy dresser too.

10. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

I recommend that you check out...

Rules of Acquisition
    Little Green Men
    Body Parts
    Business As Usual
    The Magnificent Ferengi

Those are among the best episodes in my opinion that feature, particulary Quark, Rom and Nog. Any episode where Liquidator Brunt appears is usually awesome. (but thats because Jeffrey Combs plays him!)

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Done right, the Ferengis can be a lot of fun. Check out "Little Green Men" or "House of Quark."

12. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

Many great costumes. I always noticed when Quark got a new suit. Garak too. DS9 should get real credit for making them interesting, but I think they could have been better still. Uglier, meaner, smarter. They became too broad, too much the writers' plaything darlings and lost a lot of their provocative nastiness. I think the same may be the case for the Cardassians who, like the Klingons who went from nasty Soviets to honorable Samurai, went from vile Nazis to dutiful Romans.

13. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hate the Ferengi too. One reason why I've been reluctant to check out DS9 (although not the only reason, so don't jump down my throat :p ).

14. MagGu

MagGu Lieutenant Red Shirt

I love the Ferengi! Ferengi episodes are some of my favorite of DS9. I love the interaction between Quark and Brunt. They made for some of the funniest scenes in the entire show.

15. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Captain Captain

Yeah, he keeps those in a jar on his nightstand.

But honestly, I really love DS9's Ferengi episodes (well, maybe not Profit and Lace). The Magnificent Ferengi had me in stitches, and both Family Business and Body Parts have rather heartwarming denouements.

16. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not to worry. I expect JJ Abrams will destroy Ferenginar in the next movie for you!

17. MrBorg

MrBorg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love the Ferengi. They are annoying at times, yes, but they are supposed to be.

One of my favorite DS9 episodes is "The Magnificent Ferengi". Its just so awesome.

P.S. I'd rather be a Ferengi than a Federation Citizen. :P

18. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

But there will still be exctly 10,000 Ferengi left, yes?

:lol:

19. Tan Ru

Tan Ru Captain Captain

Is it time for a Ferengi Fan Collective DVD set perhaps? ;)

20. Ninjacore

Ninjacore Commander

I doubt that would even bother them, I could imagine "ick" that they breed like bunnies.