Is Supernatural still worth watching?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched anything since Ep803 (the heart episode). Only through pure coincidence of not being able to catch up with the show is why I stopped, but at the time I was still getting used to the lackluster finale of 7 and opener of 8.

Just wondering if it's something worth bothering about. I still interested. :)

In fact, am watching Ep804 now.

But your opinion is still valued. :D

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's turned into a pretty good season, and a clear improvement over the last two.

3. Candlelight

Ep804 was a bit silly.

But... awesome. :D

4. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I fell away from it about mid season 6, but only because I moved to another area where it wasn't on TV. I dithered over whether to buy the DVDs, because I wasn't sure if I really cared all that much anymore. But I went ahead and bought them. I enjoyed season 6, season 7 had some ups and downs. But I didn't regret it to such an extent that I'd stop watching. I'll just have to wait for the season 8 DVDs again.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This season has been MUCH better than last year. I almost stopped watching in S7. It's still not as good as S3-5, but it's definitely improved.

6. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

I'm loving this season. The second half especially has been very good.

7. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This season is a huge improvement on the last couple. I'm glad I stuck with it.

8. Candlelight

Done, will carry on watching. Have to fight with my wife over tv time with her Breaking Bad (which I'm not that keen on).

I still haven't seen Mad Men either. I hear it's quite good. For some reason it doesn't screen here.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yes, do stick with it. I find this season to be pretty good--maybe a bit better than the last.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Supernatural is a show that could benefit from a short cable season than a full network season (plus being on the CW doesn't help either). There's a lot of fat on this show that could be trimmed down. They like stretching things out to the point where the apocalypse or leviathan invasion seems like something they will fight on their spare time.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I won't argue with that. Being on a cable network rather than a broadcast network would also free up the show to be a little more daring. Alas...

12. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

When the show started the producers delved in legends and lore that seems to have worked for the show,...what kind of series would work if things ended in one season? Stick with it....Just remember it should have ended after Sam fell into the pit...so far I have not been let down.

13. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Fuck cable..:rolleyes:

14. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

nope. Hasn't been even halfway watachable since season five. It is basically the same thing each season. Dean and Sam angst whining about each other and keeping secrets. That's boring.