I'll be in Vegas for CON, should I sell my GOLD ticket?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by MsSpock<3, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Should I sell Gold Ticket and purchase just regular admission?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2013.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. MsSpock<3

MsSpock<3 Cadet Newbie

Hey =)

It's finally here, VEGAS CON 2013!

We'll be road tripping from Houston TX to Vegas this week. We'll be in Vegas for a full week.

Arriving this Tuesday and leaving on Tuesday, 7/13, so I'm def going for more than just the CON.

I just noticed the schedule for the con just got posted...

To be honest, I realized there is not that much I want to see where I WOULD NEED A SEAT.

I love Star Trek, seen every episode/movie, but I'm not that much into their personal/private lives -- like I have no idea what those celebs are doing now. So it's not that amusing for me to see a parody or non-trek performance. I don't care about the producers, directors, stunt, makeup people, etc.

I am STILL keeping my DS9 Lunch tickets but not sure if I should sell my gold ticket?

I think I would be happy just walking the CON and doing a couple photo ops, walking around and taking photos, etc. Maybe be there for a few hours on Fri and Sat each day and DONE.

I'm the only one with a gold ticket in my group so even the "captain/gold parties" etc, I have no one to go with and I probably wont stay long there.

What do you think? Should I sell and then just buy a reg admission?

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

It's unlikely anyone at the convention will be carrying enough cash to cover the full price of the ticket.

One of the best things about Trek conventions is that you'll meet people from all over. Don't limit your experience to your traveling companions. Talk to people while in line for the photo ops and autographs.

You're attending a DS9 lunch. If it's the same as the experiences that I've had at such events, the actors will be at your table for maybe three to five minutes. That will also open up opportunities to a make new friends.

Go to the gold ticket dinner. It'll give you another opportunity to meet new people.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Your gold ticket is not a chain around your neck. The ticket doesn't obligate you to do anything. It just gives you more options. Once you get to Vegas you might change your mind about a lot of things.

4. MsSpock<3

MsSpock<3 Cadet Newbie

Yeah, part of me says just go big--like just do it once right and be done (since I don't have any vay-cay plans on returning to Vegas during con season soon).

Jinx, thanks for input.

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I've been to Creation Vegas a few times now. But that was at the Hilton.

I have no idea what it's like at The Rio. I do hope to get back out there eventually. I'd really like if we could meet up sometime. I hope you have a great time.

Two pieces of advice:

1. Wear comfortable shoes. You'll be walking and standing in lines a lot.
    2. Make time to eat.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    don't you get a commemorative coin?

don't see the coin

7. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I'm with JiNX, the Gold ticket isgoing to give you a whole lot of options and "perks". I'd keep it if I were you. As she already said, if you aren't able to be with your friends, you will have lots of opportunity to talk with new people. I may have enjoyed that the most when I went in 2011!

I am quite shy, and my husband was shaking his head in amazement when I was at the con. He was often waiting for me near a door while I chatted with some "stranger". He laughed a lot and said, "I've never seen you like this! Its great!"

What can I say? I was surrounded by "my people". :)

Do what you feel is best for you...just make sure you have fun!

8. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Yes, Gold ticket holders get a commemorative coin. They get a packet of stuff. They also get to "pre-register" the evening before the convention starts.