Attention Vinyl-gang!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by trekkiedane, Aug 31, 2013.

1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

When I first brought it home I had to take it apart and remove a great deal of dog-hairs from the mechanical parts inside :rommie:

I think it could do with a cleaning again: the speed fine-adjustment sticks a bit :sigh:

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, dog hairs are unlikely, but almonds and rolled oats are a definite possibility. My late pet rats ruined my old fax machine by filling every opening with peas...
    My old appartment was a bit moist - some contacts might be corroded and there's propably a lot of dust inside as well. I've never opened it. Yet.

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^That is such a funny story! Sorry, but I cant help laughing at the little critters :rommie:

I used to have a (late model) VHS-cassette deck, I took it with me several times each week (I was the guy with the good machine). All these times, plugging and un-plugging SCART-cables, ended up with me having to re-solder the SCART-plug connections.

Back in them days you could actually do some repairs on media players right in your home :eek:

Now listening to:

[​IMG]
    tv-2: A Nice Thursay.​

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Ah, I remember playing stacks of wax back in the 60s. The model we had was like a piece of furniture. If somebody from the 21st century looked at it, they'd probably think it was a cabinet or a hope chest at first. :rommie:

5. RJDiogenes

This isn't the exact model-- I have no idea what the exact model was-- but it's the same general idea:

[​IMG]

6. rhubarbodendron

cool! My one is the portable version. You can clip the speakers to the player and carry it around like a suitcase (it has the same size and weight as one for a 2 week vacation ;) )

7. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I remember seeing those at the beach. :mallory:

8. rhubarbodendron

oooh, excellent keyword! *puts on Beach Boys singles*