Harry the Genius does what noone else ever considers...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sexy Human, Sep 5, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's where the borg tubules "nightmare teeth" are. An age old terror actually made possible by the power of the Borg!

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly how many feet long do you think his winkle is?

3. teacake

I was trying not to spell this out but.. are we all clear where the assimilation tubes are located and what part of his anatomy they are assimilating?

This is why he had a nightmare about 7 forcing sex on him.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This theory would explain why Chakotay hooked up with Seven. He was an ideal match already being a lifeless automoton. :p

5. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah wouldn't want 7's assimulation tubules piercing Kim's tinkie winkie. Youch!

Which brings up a good point, does 7's borg technology alter its function if she is aroused?

6. teacake

I doubt it knows what to do with arousal as the Borg had no need of it.

However I wouldn't put it past the EMH to do a little creative programming.

7. Guy Gardener

If Seven is aroused or feels love, she passes out.

She had surgery in the final episode to fix this because Chakotay is worth it.

8. teacake

Starter husband.

'nuff said.

9. Guy Gardener

Axum was her starter husband surely?

10. teacake

Huh.. I totally forgot about him.

My C/7 theology may have to adjust!

But wait, if Axum was her starter husband why did she need to practice with holo-Chak? Surely she had enough practice in Unimatrix Zero. Perhaps the memory of her times with Axum has been compartmentalized with her Borg life. It's not like assimilating a gazillion people helped her learn how to hold a conversation.

11. Guy Gardener

She has no memory of being with Axum when she's awake.

All that playing house for maybe ten years is supposed to underpin her instincts, emotions and personality.

12. teacake

I think it just makes her want to play house more, wheras if she hadn't had Axum she would be quite happy to play Astrometrics forever.

So, Chakotay: starter husband.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

This is a bit late, but...

Using timed explosives on the Array wouldn't have worked. Tuvok said it would take hours to get the "Send us home" program working an in that time they'd have been under constant attack from Kazon reinforcements stronger than the force they were already fighting. They'd never have lasted long enough to use the Array, so it was either "Blow it up now and leave" or "Stay, try to fight and probably lose so they'll get the Array AND Voyager and kill us all."

What's silly is that they acted like the Array was an option in the first place.

14. Guy Gardener

The Array was completely an option, or they wouldn't have thought it was.

They assumed that the kazon would have sent out a distress signal. We know now that they wouldn't have. A distress signal is just an invitation for annexation from another sect. Meanwhile if there were more ships on Ocampa, they would have already been there attacking Voyager.

More so it may have take them ours to plot a reverse course to the Alpha quadrant, but how many minutes would it have to taken just to fling the kazon who the hell cares where? The array was a super weapon that could hold off an empire easily, a few pirate robber barons in shuttles shouldn't be a real problem.

Hell Janeway wasn't even using her transporter asa weapon. Kazon shields didn't know shit about transporters, and their tech was hundreds of years behind the Federation.. Beam through their shields, they should have been able to shoot through them.

"Sigh"

15. R. Star

Uh, no.. as the episode presented itself Voyager had cleared out virtually all the opposition before the Array was destroyed. Three ships total were shown in the attack. Two of the standard small ones and the big one. The big one was destroyed when the Maquis raider kamikazeed it and Voyager took out one of the smaller ones.

What created the supposed time crunch was in it's death throes the big one crashed into the Array damaging it's self destruct. That's when Janeway elected to blow it up.

The time crunch didn't exist though. Think about it, what did the Kazon captain do after they blew up the Array? He sent a message to Janeway saying he was pissed off and left. If he had reinforcements at hand, he was certainly pissed off enough to have continued the attack, especially after the losses he took they'd want some revenge.

So they had all the time in the world. And if you re watch the episode Tuvok was instructed early on to learn how to use the Array. The reported that he had done so just when the fight had begun. So even supposing there's the "several hours" there's no Kazon around except the one small ship that had enough and was certainly no match for Voyager. Voyager's demonstrated the ability to scan and detect Kazon vessels when they are hours away so, any reinforcements approaching would've been detected as Voyager demonstrated it could do in several season 2 episodes. So the option of beaming over a bomb with a timer is very legit. Or if that somehow isn't reliable enough and Janeway is so self-righteous she can stay behind and pull the trigger herself.

Again, this is all as the episode presented itself. There was no time pressure, the Kazon had already been beaten when Janeway chose to destroy the Array directly. You can chalk it up to Janeway being dumb and/or bad writing. A simple line suggesting reinforcements were approaching would've resolved this, heck have the Kazon board the Array and directly tempt Janeway saying "If you leave us alone, we'll use it to send you home" and have her make her "noble choice" that way. The way the episode presented itself, you really think she just wanted to watch the big cgi explosion and wouldn't get to do that if they were sent home.

16. Guy Gardener

Problem is before the fight, Janeway said "You can have the array after we send ourselves home."

But after shooting up their camp the "federations" didn't seem trustworthy.

Of course if the kazon had gone along with that deal, then Caretakers self destruct wouldn't have been disconnected. Although they didn't have time to send the ship home since the array was going to blow up the second the caretaker died.

Caretaker was a dick.

he could have blown up the array BEFORE he died.

And even possibly, not been on the Array when it blew up.

meanwhile remember those guns he used to blow up the power station on Ocampa?

um.

he blew up the power station, but he couldn't target the kazon ships when they were landbound on Ocampa?

moron.

Either way, the Array as some serious weapons that can hit moving targets (the planet revolving around the sun and the planet in rotating on it's axis).from several light hours away.

Imbecile.

17. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Also, being brought there killed a lot of people. Meaning going back would also kill a lot of people.

18. Guy Gardener

Would you go on a roller coaster without a seatbelt?

Issues with falling over becuase the artificial gravity wasn't quick enough to deal with the external forces and a few exploding terminals is what killed everyone.

No one was turned to paste.

so no one received blunt force trauma more excessive than falling out of moving car.

If you put a person on the hull of Voyager at 1/2 impulse, and turn of the navigation deflectors... They'd pancake against the hull and then vaporize.

Hell.

There might not have been any effect of velocity at all from the transference across the galaxy, it might have just been the bump of being caught up in the collection wave.

Crash positions, possibly seatbelts and stay away from anything likely to explode.

They'd be sweet.

It was the ship that killed crew not the transportation effect.

19. R. Star

Let's see the Caretaker species...

When did we get the impression he was nice? He goes around kidnapping people so he can rape and impregnate them, which usually kills them. Of course he didn't get give a damn about any "minor bipedal species." But he gave them this nice race specific waiting area. That's like giving the rape victim a pillow to lay on before he forces himself on the victim.

Heck Susperia was down right nice compared to him.

20. Guy Gardener

I've been trying to stress that point for years.

But lets just remember one thing.

He sent the Cardassias back.

But Neelix said that there's dozens of ships out there with the same sob story as Janeway.

How come Gul Evek got sent home yet Ransom was set adrift?

Of course some say the Vetar avoided the Caretakers grasp, but there's little proof one way or the other.