Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

I see in the newspaper where the group that controls the electrica transmission grid is going to try to vary the frequecy to help balance the system... they say it will cause electrical clocks to vary, or cause time to fluxate.... so you may see you will have more time to work on TTI.
    Or, we could clone you so you can work on more than one thing at a time.
    :rofl::guffaw::lol::)

2. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I think there's a coming debate on which project should have a higher priority, Polaris or Exeter...

3. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Count me for Exeter!

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

You can debate all you want, and have fun...won't make a lick of difference, though. :D

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

In fact, it's none of your business and you have nothing to say about it.

We clear? Good.

6. Captain Robert April

So, Act IV should be out sometime in 2014.

Blame Dennis.

7. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

OK, enough of this crap. Next one stupid enough to continue this will pull a warning.

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^Thanks, T'Bonz.

I post updates here so people will know when there is progress, but I'm frankly tired of the way this keeps veering off-topic, so much so that I think I'm going to stop posting on this subject. When it's done, it'll be done, and that's when people will find out.

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

DS9Sega... People will be grateful for it when it's done, and grumpy about it no matter what you do before then.

10. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9Sega, it's just that Exeter has really captured our interest and attention. Even when we're not talking about Exeter here, that's why we're posting in this thread ... to keep it active. Every time I see a new posts icon on it, I hold my breath and click -- hoping to see an Act IV announcement.

In the absence of that, your behind-the-scenes and still frame teases are like water in the desert; rare and essential. What you have here, for better or for worse, is fandom. We love your work, are eager to be tossed any tidbits you can spare, and in the absence of any of that, sit around singing filksongs and swapping jokes. This thread? It's sort of a place.

11. Captain Robert April

I thought I was very much on topic...

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed; I think that I'll do the same.

13. anderbilt

anderbilt Cadet Newbie

anyone who saw the closeup/fadeout on Eli at the conclusion of Stargate SGU knows well that there are many many unfinished things out there, and they may well remain unfinished. i'm a little ticked at syfy about SGU, but what exists of that show is very fine in my opinion.

same for Exeter TTI. if it is NEVER finished, i'll still feel that i have been privileged to see the most sublimely excellent piece of fan-generated tribute to a series that has ever been produced by anyone anywhere anytime.

have a great holiday weekend. even if you never finish it, your work is appreciated.

14. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Ditto...

15. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Robert Simmons

Dennis,
    Your choice of overindulgenge is right after my heart. Mesquite grilled well done Ribeyes and loaded baked potatos are bread and butter for emotional fuzzy's. I'm glad you liked your recent trip to Fudd's. When we were on our mini vacation last week we got to try Smash Burger across form Fudd's in Tulsa. Thought it was okay, but loved their signature fries. The ones with Tyme and Rosemary. One of the better fries I've tried in a long time. I've noticed recently there's a lot of Glacamole burgers springing up on people's menus out here. Maybe if there is a Sonic near you they might satisfy that craving. I think I saw on one their menu recently.

Just saw this on Facebook. It looks like the 5 Guys in Moore that we ate at took at hit....someone drove through the front window....

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-car-drives-into-moore-restaurant-20110701,0,2950430.story

17. Captain Robert April

So, anything more done on this, or is a certain someone still blocking progress?

18. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

You know, when I fucking tell people to stop being personal, I mean it. So have your warning.

Anyone else feel like seeing if I meant what I said?

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I have a question, perhaps somewhat off topic but still related to Exeter:

Back in the "old" days (i.e. 2005-2008ish), over at the Exeter message boards Dennis ran along with Polaris, there were several sidebar stories in development by the locals to go along with the Exeter "series" mythology. I think, if I recall correctly, Robert Simmons you were working on one, and there were a few others being composed as well.

Is anything developing with these stories, or are they kaput?

20. Robert Simmons

I was working on 12 but only finished up through 7 and started on the 8th one. Those storys were migrated to a new site in 2009 and development continued on some. Those that i wrote have been put on hold due to my commitments to Ajax. Others have been still writing new material. There have been offers to host a Ajax site by different people. And it is my intention to migrate all that material to any new Ajax site to perpetuate the material so it won't be lost. Having too many eggs in one basket is asking for trouble if one or more sites close. I would like to see my stories produced, but I seriously doubt if Jimm and Josh can't even do theirs first, that they would be doing mine either. But i hope to jumpstart them in teeing everything up they need to do more Exeter. But even if I succeeded in getting everything in place for them to do more Exeter, they have to want to. And that is the ultimate deciding factor. I want them to.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011