Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Same thought as Christopher, I like the idea of it being a bridging show or gap filling show. Not that they have to have a shared storyline but rather I like that next year ABC gives us more uninterrupted AoS then get to an AC show then more uninterrupted AoS.

I feel the breaks and hiatus time didn't help those who were on the fence at various times.
    The show started with 5/6 straight shows and is finishing that way but everything in between was two here, break for 3-4 weeks, two more, more interlude time.

Get S1 out on DVD and really start strong next season with AC in between the Holiday break time.

Oh, and
    I wouldn't look for Hydra's infection of SHIELD that early on myself.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Yeah. I had the same though that Guy did, but then remembered that the
    Hydra infiltration didn't start until later. Didn't Zola say that he wasn't recruited until the '70s, and that that was what started the infiltration?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, not a shared storyline. But it would be in keeping with the MCU's approach for AoS to set it up the same way the movies set each other up.

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Very cool. I had been worried a little bit about it, but I'm glad it seems to be going through. A bridge is a good idea, given that I heard it would have fewer episodes than the normal 22. That being said, I wouldn't mind a "Marvel Night" with Agents of SHIELD followed by Agent Carter.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

No, Zola was recruited right after the war along with other Nazi scientists. 1972 was when his physical body died and his mind was transferred to the computer banks.

6. Christopher

That's right.
    The film referenced the real-life Operation Paperclip, which began in 1945 and brought a number of formerly Nazi-employed scientists (notably Wernher von Braun) into the service of the United States.

Although we don't know how much time passed between Zola's recruitment into SHIELD and the commencement of HYDRA infiltration thereof. He probably remained loyal to HYDRA all along, but it may have taken some years for him to get into a position where he could begin influencing SHIELD policy and recruitment practices.

7. Alidar Jarok

God, we have like five threads talking about the same things now and some are ok with spoilers and others are not.

Keep in mind that HYDRA not only infiltrated SHIELD, they infiltrated rival organizations as well. The whole point was to spread chaos. They're basically the Marvel version of SPECTRE. Given this, I think there's plenty of room for Agent Carter to battle HYDRA in some form (and probably in multiple forms). I'd imagine the extent of infiltration of SHIELD early on is relatively small, though. It'd be best not to make it a major plot point.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

9. Alidar Jarok

The first Daredevil movie should have addressed that question, but I'm glad we're certain.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Does Sony even care about Kingpin? Since he still hasn't appeared in a Spiderman movie, I guess not! :lol:

11. Alidar Jarok

I'm sure they'd do it for the right story. Spider-Man's probably got the strongest Rogue's Gallery of any Marvel character, though, so they probably haven't seen the need. Maybe the Sinister Six? They could be hired by Kingpin or something like that, I suppose (I'm just making up random ideas).

12. Christopher

Actually Feige sounds like he's not entirely sure about the rights to Kingpin. He says either they have him or they share him, but he also says he's not 100% sure, so I'm not sure how reliable that is.

13. Alidar Jarok

Well, he is sure of Marvel's right to use him. My guess is he has at least some awareness of whether the Daredevil TV show wants to use him (even though he's not in charge of the TV portion). He just doesn't concern himself with what Sony wants to do, so that's why it's not 100% definitive.

14. Christopher

He said he thinks that's the case, but he didn't sound certain enough for me to assume that it's true just because he said it. It's never wise to rely on any single source without corroboration, and this particular source sounded very shaky about the matter.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^It may be a shared rights thing like the situation with Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch. Though a little bit simpler from a story POV since he's a character unto himself, not inexorably tied to one "hero", like say Catwoman or Lex Luthor.

Given what happened to his mind, I think it's fair to presume that Zola had at least laid some significant groundwork by the time his body died. I mean, someone must have hidden his brain for him and kept it a secret for all those years.
    Still, that's a window of a good 30 years, so I doubt he'd have done much in the 1940's or 50's. Probably laid low and tried not to draw any undue attention while he made his plans.

Anyway, I suspect that the main antagonists are going to be Soviet types using captured Hydra tech and scientists of their own.

I do find it interesting that it's implied that Howard Stark didn't cotton on to the infiltration of the organisation he founded until the 1990's (his death was in '91 IIRC.) I wonder what tipped him off?

16. Alidar Jarok

Just to followup on this, Kevin Feige was asked about ROM and had an answer (no, they don't have the rights to ROM). He phrased it in the same way of "I think there's a legal issue," but the fact that he even had an answer shows he's not really speculating. He is hedging with his answers, no doubt, but he seems to have a good idea about all of the Marvel universe.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I have to imagine that any characters used in the Daredevil and Elektra movies would have reverted back to Marvel along with DD and Elektra themselves, but I don't pretend to understand the byzantine legal issues involved.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any idea when we should start getting solid casting/character information about Daredevil and the other Netflix series? If they are being released next year, I would think they would need to get started soon.

19. Alidar Jarok

What'd they say, start in June or July? I'd imagine pretty soon - the next month or two.

20. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Maybe at Comic-Con?