Batman: The Movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The 1966 one starring Adam West and Burt Ward.

Watched it tonight on Netflix. Damn is this thing corny as hell but I'm loving every second of it. :lol:

2. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved the Adam West Batman when I was a kid. I saw the movie after the tv show had been on for a while. The opening credits were a little confusing for a 6-7 year old kid because it wasn't like the show. But I loved everything else.

The scene with Batman running along the boardwalk with the bomb is hilarious.

Oh, don't sneeze! :guffaw:

3. Trekker4747

Got to say, Batman takes the "deaths" of the "dehydrated" minions pretty well.

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I watched it a couple of months ago. Adam West as Batman was how I first saw Batman as a kid in the 60s. I will always love that show and the movie is a riot!

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Right up there with Mask of the Phantasm and The Dark Knight as one of the best Batman movies ever. "Careful, careful -- every one of 'em has a mother."

6. Trekker4747

Some of the stuff Batman does in this movie would make Geordi LaForge roll his eyes and say, "Seriously?!" .... Er, so to speak.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Even as a kid, however, I was always disappointed that the movie didn't have the "real" Catwoman, a.k.a. Julie Newmar.

Lee Meriwether does her best, but it's not the same . . ..

8. Trekker4747

No, no it's not. Sigh.

9. marksound

When I was a kid and the Batman show was new, a gas station close to my grandparents' house had a sign out front that said something like "BATMAN KIT XX WITH FILL-UP." I saw that and immediately thought that it was a Batman costume. I had to have it and begged my grandpa for it.

Imagine my surprise when it wasn't a costume, but a model kit. I was disappointed, but I put it together and loved it anyway.

My mom made me a Batman cape and I was ecstatic.

It was great being a kid in the 60s.

10. Trekker4747

"XX"

What did this kit do for you?! ;)

I wish the series would come to DVD already. I've been so tempted to buy the bootlegs at cons but I want an official release in all the show's glory. Heck I even remember watching it as a kid! (Reruns in the 1980s.)

11. marksound

I don't remember how much it cost. Might have been 99 cents, might have been $1.99, but it was 1966 so it couldn't have been much more than that. Gas was about 25 cents a gallon and gas wars were prevalent.

All I remember for sure is that it was a Batman kit and I had to have it. :lol:

EDIT: I didn't know what Batman was in 1966. I had been a Superman freak until then, and when I saw the first promos for Batman I didn't know what it was. I remember the sign that said Gotham City or whatever, and to me it looked like a grave marker. So Batman and a grave marker meant like a vampire or something.

But when I saw the show, it was WOW! ZAP! BOOM! BANG! I was hooked.

12. marksound

13. drmidnite66

drmidnite66 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very enjoyable film; My memories of watching the tv series are nothing but fond. It was great to see the same sort of light-heartedness and fun - and some of the television villains - in the "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" cartoon from a few years ago...

14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Love this movie (and the classic series). DC are doing a digital weekly comic called Batman '66 that is set in the Adam West universe--first two issues are entertaining so far.

15. marksound

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Found this movie on DVD in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart a few years ago. Paid $3.97 I think. Can't wait for the series to be released.

Didn't know it was a digital series. I got the first issue on Wednesday at the comic shop.

Got that too.