TNG in HD

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by AviTrek, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't say it has. WalkinMan said that if they can't make it widescreen then doing HD version of TNG is not worth the bother. I disagreed, creating an HD version of TNG with 6 times better resolution (even without the widescreen image) is well worth doing. A 4:3 HD version will be way superior to the DVDs.

2. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC, that shot from Menage a Troi was slightly cropped, but did have more picture at the sides. It may be wise compromise, as HD is inherently a 16x9 format.

3. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

That shot was discussed extensively here and in subsequent posts later in the thread.

4. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

So it was. If they chose to go a ground-up HD version from the orginal stock, I bet it will be 16x9.

Like TOS, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. For purists, watching it in high definition should be wrong anyway, so I don't mind it being an alternate version. DVD shows it at its original SD best.

5. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

yeah i hope they upgrade the FX, i like what they have done with TOS. I am all for it.