Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

How about a tatoo on the Mirror universe Garrovick's right arm? Preferably the symbol of the Galactic Empire(i.e. the earth being impaled with a sword).

2. Kirk here

Kirk here Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Forgive me for posting On Topic, but any word on the status of the Last Act?

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure it's progressing well, despite the fact that I'm continually luring Ye Olde Editor away to work on another project...

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

That, and Ye Olde Editor has paying gigs to deal with as well!

5. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guess it's still on track for the release on February 31 2050. ;)

6. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Friends and neighbors, I see a pattern developing...

7. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Let me check my schedual. I'm gonna be free.

Here it isn't again folks.

8. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now everybody grab a Tribble to throw it in Dennis' direction because he's distracting that poor defenseless editor.

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Nope. I don't respond to such things by throwing tribbles. I respond by building a Star Trek Fan Film indexing website with over four hundred complete, ready to watch, Star Trek Fan Films. (Also over 200 complete, ready to listen to, Star Trek Audio shows).

I usually avoid predictions, but I'm making one here: Potemkin will release TWO complete, full length episodes before we see the last act of TTI. (Now, this is me dodging under a desk while Randy Landers throws his entire set at me... oops, that was a camera, didn't see THAT coming...)

10. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I don't know about two "full length" episodes. One possibly since the last of the pickup footage was shot Saturday and mailed to the editor Monday. And once that's done, we've got two or three vignettes that are getting close to being ready. Our second "full length" episode will start filming this week (going to shoot Tactical Officer Polim's bridge scenes, as well as some of Sarat's followers in the trees), but shooting should last until June.

I thoroughly expect Maurice to be finished before June, but if not, well, it's their production, not mine.

But I have an advantage that Maurice doesn't have. I needed more footage of Captain Grigory on the bridge. So I had Jeff come over, and we shot it on the bridge set. Maurice doesn't have that luxury. If he needs more footage, he's got to find it in the footage that was shot since there's no bridge set for them to shoot on.

11. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

It's in a hanger in Oklahoma.:lol:

12. Captain Robert April

That would be a heck of a commute...

13. Maurice

Pickups would solve a lot of problems, yes, but as most of the cast doesn't quite look like they did in 2004, even if we had the sets and people were close together, they wouldn't do much good.

14. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Not to sound like a wise A** here, but thinking creatively, this would be workable to a "Time Trevel" episode. Just think about the cast fastforward 7 years to help solve this episode! I mean the options are all over the place! :guffaw:

I made the "Exeter Act 4 is not Imposible" video on youtube. Now I guess I should make a "Exeter Act 4 TIME TUNNEL" teaser.

15. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

More accurately, it's in pieces in Oklahoma, unless you've been far busier than your photos have shown. :D

Yes, seven years is a long time.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

FUTURE GARROVICK (to GARROVICK PRIME): "Another thing, make sure you get the damn coverage!"

17. Maurice

Damned straight.

Actually, as I've said before, another part of the slow production is the sheer volume of effects shots in Act 4, and how elaborate they are. Most of what appears in TTI through Act 3 are effects relatively simple effects compared to the insanity of "weirdspace" as created by the Tholian device.

P.S. Dennis, I'm still waiting on that shot I sent you the mockup for. ;)

18. Captain Robert April

Everything seems to be coming back to Dennis...

19. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Just rewatched the whole episode up the premature end. I still need to say, WOW.
    Best fan film production I've seen. Everyone is comfortable with their characters. The episode is well photographed and well written. The special effects are some of the best I've seen in a fan film!! Please finish this and think about doing another one!!

20. Admiral Buzzkill

I'm still waiting for that barista at the Wheaton Starbucks to give me a call. ;)

Seriously, it's on my list. Kids are in from London and Georgia this week, so I'll try to get it done next week.

BTW, Doug sent me the photos of the May location for Polaris - I'll forward some of them to you after I sort through them.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011