The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I could also see the Gov taking the time to headshot his soldiers but specifically not Merle as a last "fuck you" right?

2. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Apparently in the post-apocalyptic world, the worst thing you can do to a person is to leave them to turn into a walker. So, yeah, I think the Governor would further desecrate Merle by leaving him to turn.

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The reanimation time was the biggest problem with that scene; in a desperate situation, Andrea would have fought harder to grab the tool with her toes, and once in her hands, twist the chain, which is the easiest way to break handcuff chains.

If played even semi-realistically, she should have been free at least a few minuted before Milton reanimated, giving her enough time to kill him.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I seem to recall a specific Asian kid who in the same situation, threw himself at a wall until the chair he was tied to broke up into many small pieces.

Is Glen smarter than Andrea or does he just have someone to live for?

Yes, i am saying that Andrea could have saved herself if he was frakking Maggie behind Glen's back, and it is only her prudish homophobia that got her eaten in the final episode.

I mean seriously?

Hasn't she seen a single Saw movie?

Meanwhile if Milton couldn't kill himself, that wussy could have bought Andrea another 5 minutes by taking his own eyes out with his thumbs.

Who doesn't produce a warm chuckle at the sight of some autoenucleation?

5. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As noted earlier:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgyOiHuMmas[/yt]

Mark

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Glenn's chair was a simple table chair of wood. Andrea was in a barber's/dentist chair.

7. Guy Gardener

You agree with me then.

Thank you.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

This thought is similar to something that Michael Rooker said on The Talking Dead after the finale. Basically, he imagines everyone agreeing on a simple pact that you never allow one of your own to reanimate if there's any chance you can stop it - but the Governor intentionally killed Merle in a way that meant he would turn.

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got that Merle was aiming for the Governor when Ben stepped in the way. I was wondering whether Merle was aiming to kill or wound, like the others he shot.

I think wound, because he wasn't going for a head shot. Ben was shorter--a wound shot in the shoulder/chest of the Governor ended up being a head shot on Ben. Lucky Ben, in a way.

10. TREK_GOD_1

Side note about your movie reference: I cannot recall many pop culture references in TWD. Obviously, no Romero movies exist in this world, but not much else.

11. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I assume that did happen early on and that's part of how things got so bad so quickly.

At this point, however, I suspect you don't see a lot of elderly zombies simply on a survival of the fittest basis: the elderly and infirm fall/have fallen to the walkers and get eaten completely before they can turn.

it's an alternative universe where the only form of pop culture was the music of Motörhead ;)

12. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The walkers don't seem to eat brains, do they? Well, maybe the one that 'et Lori up, but they seem to skip the one thing whose destruction would ensure reduced competition for themselves. Huh.

13. Guy Gardener

The explanation for why Zombies ate brains in Warm bodies was fantastic.

14. the G-man

I don't think they're adverse to eating brains. Like most predators they seem to go for the soft fleshy tissue of the torso first. I suspect given time opportunity and hunger They would eat the head as well. For example the zombie that ate Lori

15. the G-man

And that was...?

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Because they somehow allowed the zombies to remember/feel some of the experiences of their victims, giving them a sense of what living used to be like.

17. TREK_GOD_1

That is one of the most "not buying it" plotlines of the entire series. There's no way a zombie could have devoured Lori's entire body. On top of that, walkers are not known to eat hair, bone and clothes, so what happened to that? Even if the zombie found her body, in the time since she dies, until Rick locates the room, there's no way the zombie (or more) would finish off an entire adult corpse.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, I'm not sure why the production decided to remove the body. It seems to be a bit of a continuity error the way it's portrayed.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That Zombie was the corpse of Norville Rogers. :(

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral