Whatever Happened to Kolos?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Technobuilder, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Kolos_(Klingon)

I was watching Judgement tonight and had to ask.

Have we seen or heard anything of this character since the Season 2 of Enterprise?

I haven't read any of the Enterprise Books yet, though I've bought all the ones set post-series released thus far.

He always seemed like one of those characters that would have a connnection somewhere down the line. His portrayal reminded me a lot of the "real" Klingons I've come to love and makes me anxious for the next IKS Gorkon Book.

You know, I never really was a fan of the Klingons (from their portrayal in the Movies and on TNG, save for Worf) until Martok showed up on DS9. Then I got into the books and realized that we'd predominately only seen one tiny facet of their culture from a fairly one-sided point of view, and a rather large amount of it at that.

Novels like The Left Hand of Destiny & A Burning House really expanded upon the scope of the Klingons as both as a culture and as apeople, and I've loved every minute of it and look forward to more.

Just hoping maybe this character was represented somewhere along the way as well.

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Not yet, but he may be an ancestor of Martok?

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kolos has a cameo in Kobayashi Maru that just came out. He doesn't have a big part, but he is in one scene of the novel (he actually says to Archer "It's good to see you"! :lol: ).

Somewhat the worse for wear (clearly he suffered while at Rura Penthe) but he served his time and he's alive.

4. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be suprised if he was, he was played by JG Hertzler after all.

6. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

When I saw the thread title, I thought this referred to the Medusan from "Is There In Truth No Beauty?"

Then I thought, nah, his name was spelled with two "L"s.

Then I thought, I should seek professional counselling....

7. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ I thought the same thing, too.

However, if you *are* wondering what happened to Kollos, he became the centerpiece of the light show for Styx during their Return to Paradise reunion tour in 1996.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

How... Stygian.

9. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

OK, here's a sign that I definitely need to get professional help: I saw that tour... :eek:

You're only saying that 'cause you're not David Mack.