Background bridge officers in Best of Both Worlds, Part I

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Hikaru_Ichijo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Hikaru_Ichijo

Hikaru_Ichijo Commander Red Shirt

Something that always bugged when I first saw this episode... When the Borg invade the bridge, the officers working the aft stations do... NOTHING? :confused: They continue manning their post. It's just... business as usual to them? :lol:

Also, I wonder who was working the helm and ops station at that moment? None of them tried tackling the one Borg who had already adapted to the phasers (though Riker and Worf gave it their best shot).

I guess with the Federation being at peace for so long everyone forgot how to put up a fight in that era :lol:

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unlike the main cast, they read the briefings that said the Borg will ignore you if you do nothing? :p

3. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And they have important jobs! You can't just abandon the life support or communications station! What if someone attacks? who's going to absorb the exploding console?

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe they've seen what happens to extras when they try and fight the bad guys.

5. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're obviously suffering from a severe case of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

BACKGROUND ENSIGN/S: (thinks) You know, there are, like, eight other guys on the Bridge right now. I'm sure they can handle it. I'll just keep doing this... uh, thing I'm doing on this screen here.

6. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Who's that woman in the science uniform who helps Riker up? She's hot.