Eureka - "I Do Over" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Aug 19, 2008.

?

How do you rate this episode?

1. Excellent

40.4%
  2. Very Good

42.3%
  3. Good

7.7%
  4. Mediocre

7.7%
  5. Terrible

1.9%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Right back at you. :rolleyes:

Not my fault you were being a deliberately obtuse ass.

I stand corrected. *shrug*

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Dude. Not cool. :wtf:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

One warning for flaming.

Oh, wait... Nevermind. :angel:

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't really think Carter took enough advantage of the loop.

O'Niel and Teal'c with the Golfing through the aperture of the Stargate? Now that's setting the bar a touch high for this sort of story which I don't think Eureka came close to equaling.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  5. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

Lost in the Stark stuff was Eva's actions. We know she was surveying that area, but Henry said there was a pocket of radiation. I think. What is she up to? Is she evil or just a capitalist trying to make a buck?

6. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

it was a predictable death but a great episode. I knew it would either be Stark or Alison.

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Everybody feeling better now? Don't do it again, or Trogdor will not be pleased!
    [​IMG]

8. The Nth Doctor

I've been wondering about that as well. I don't think it's about money, rather it's about power. She's trying to unearth a powerful weapon (or research and resources leading to such a weapon).

9. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

You're not going to warn for an obvious flame? Because he's on staff, he gets a free pass?

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it obviously ties in with the A-bomb tests footage from 1936(?) and the discovery of underground "chambers."

So, what's down there? Or is it who's down there?

11. The Nth Doctor

Right, I figured it was connected to the A-bomb tests footage (hence my reference to power and weapons). I'm guessing there's some special kind of special bomb buried deep underground and she's trying to figure how to properly access it without 1) Alerting anyone and 2) Killing herself.

12. bigsmokeco

bigsmokeco Cadet Newbie

ok ye sorry i was wondering cos stark aid remember my ego is as big as this building and that was the day before he died so i found it strange that stark remembered that when carter and the time guy were the only ones who remembered thing from the days before

13. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

You know the protocol for discussing moderator actions.

14. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

In order for the Allison and Carter romance to happen, Stark had to disappear. That was the only way for Allison to believably get close to Carter without appearing to be a fickle woman. On their wedding day or after they are married, I think Stark will return for dramatic effect. I think the character will return, whether the same actor plays him or not.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nah... Stark could have cheated on Allison, or yelled at Kevin. Plenty of ways to break up the relationship.

16. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

However, a noble death was probably the best way to maintain the character's likability.

17. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't believe they ever mentioned what happened to The Artifact after they separated its field from Kevin last season, did they?

It was buried on Earth for hundreds of millions of years, and they never specified precisely where it was found. Maybe they built Eureka where they did specifically because they found The Artifact near there accidentally while doing the A-Bomb tests, and it was in the underground chambers Eva is studying. It would explain the weird radiation signals Henry picked up, and it might have "evolved" somehow after connecting with Kevin and thus may be unrecognizable to Henry and the others, but Eva knows what it is, and is possibly a member of The Consortium and a replacement for Beverly, albeit with more power.

Also, that Dr. Carlson guy once told Stark that "he would someday know what The Artifact had revealed to him" and now Stark has had a very scifi "death" so he might be experiencing that version of enlightenment or "heaven" within The Artifact right now.

18. The Nth Doctor

Except both of those actions would be completely out of character for Stark. A noble death is not.

Hmmm...interesting points there. You might be onto something there.

19. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

A bit of an aside, but did they ever say explicitly if Stark was Kevin's father? As I recall, they always played it a bit ambiguously, and I'm curious about where the kid actually came from.

20. The Nth Doctor

I've been wondering the same, particularly during this episode. As far as I recall, it has never been stated that Kevin is Stark's son and that's something I would have expected to be mentioned sometime in the first two years, especially in the season two finale. I'm guessing Allison had Kevin prior to meeting and marrying Stark, perhaps even before she moved to Eureka. Do we know how long she's been at Eureka?