Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

38.6%
  2. Above Average

45.7%
  3. Average

15.7%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

Anyone else thinking that the big open area the Others were clearing out way back when was for the sole purpose of making a makeshift runway for Flight 316?

2. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I forget, when Locke visited the O6 in "Jeremy Bentham", did he ever tell them that the castaways left on the Island were jumping through time? Because, logically, he certainly would have mentioned that.

3. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Above Average. Definately a good episode, just not as good as some we've had this season and in the past.

Best moment of the episode was Sawyer's smackdown of Jack. He called him out on his past leadership, which is what I've been waiting for someone to do in a long time!

At first when Kate wasn't on the manifest, I thought Juliet had done that on purpose in order to get her locked up, but I see they went in anoter direction! :p

I loved seeing the Losties reunite. There is no way I can't go 'aah' at a Sawyer/Hurley reunion. Jin and Sun desperately searching for each other is very sweet also.

Is Christian the smoke monster? There seemed to be a bit of a hint with the SFX they play just before they found him. It's good that he's being seen by other people for a change, but I worried for Sun when he asked her to go with him. Just where exactly did Clare go last season? ;)

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

No, she said: "Jarrah?"

;)

5. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh yeah. That was a cool scene which I think was made way cooler by the resurgence of Giacchino's "Parting Words" theme. The soundtrack on this show really is freaking brilliant.

6. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal he was a Widmore or Dharma guy.

Gave it an Average. An ok episode.

One of my favorite parts was how quickly that one survivor asked the right questions, like why are there buildings over there and an island a short ways away. Granted he's on the smaller island with the higher building density, but still. Similarly I liked Sawyers speech to Jack since he finally called him on a lot of his bullshit.

I thought the lil Ben thing at the end was super lame, I hope they go somewhere cool with that.

The rest was kind of uninteresting to me. Not really interested in the new love triangle... er square, or what's happening with Sun at the moment.

So Faraday is gone huh? Maybe he goes back to civilization and get's a sex change to BECOME his mother! If he were adopted he could get a plastic surgeon to make him look like a picture of his mom that he has in his wallet. Talk about crazy paradoxes.

Too bad they already showed the origin of the roger corpse in the van, otherwise they could have made one of the losties be the corpse.

I wonder if the flash didn't take Sun back because she's evil now.

After doing all that work to get rid of the background survivors, they've now added like ten more random ones.

I just read all the hubub about the mystery chick standing behind Sun in cabin scene, and I think it's a blooper. Although I didn't notice that the smoke monster enters the room in that scene in the background, which is pretty cool. But considering how it looks at normal brightness levels I think the woman is either a crewperson, or the reflection of a crewperson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUV3DeaF0To

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  7. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I grinned when I heard his name, and throughout I could see his death being less suicide and more Kelvin getting really bored of him :lol:

Without Faraday's knowledge Sawyer has to keep control of the timeline. He may be more easily swayed to make changes. Though I can see Sayid using his image as a hostile to perhaps 'out' Ben as their recruit. He could easily manufacture a story and win favour by saying he opposed the breach of the treaty and their plans, which is why they had him in handcuffs... and now he's escaped to reveal all.

That looks too much like Claire to be a mistake. It's not a reflection and if someone was sitting in frame like that I'm sure someone would go all Christian Bale on them.

I have to admit, when I saw the light go on in the cabin I thought it might have been Faraday after travelling back to the future. I really didn't expect Christian to reveal himself to anyone else.

Overall... pretty good. It's nice to see Sawyer laying down the law and showing he's in control. I quite liked the Churchhill line and how he compared his management style to Jacks.

Lots of little moments with naming Ethan, seeing someone maybe figuring out that Jack and Kate aren't supposed to be there and everything everyones pointed out so far. Good stuff.

The Ben reveal was something I was waiting for, but the big thing for me was seeing Jack as 'Workman' as now he'll be working along side Roger, which is a name Hurley might recognise.

Interesting to see where it all goes now. And still very disturbing seeing no beard on Frank.

8. I was listening to a LOST podcast i listen to regularly (not official podcast) referred to this 'look' Ben gives Sayid back when they first met in S2. I think we got a connection.

9. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess this explains why I struggle so much following this show. I don't recall that scene at all. I've seen other references to it, but I can't for the life of me remember any encounter of Ben with the Others.

I'm pretty sure that other guy did get out of the van with them.

And oh, just WTF does "Namaste" mean anyway?

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

They have to be somewhere and it doesn't look like they're with the Dharma Initiative. Maybe the Ajira crash survivors will run into them in the present. That's my best guess right now.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I didn't notice who was with Sawyer and Sayid in when he was brought in.

12. gh4chiefs

He was because I was thinking as they were driving, Sawyer could bring him up to speed and then when they got out of the van I was "Oh I guess not" beause the other guy was there.

13. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's a screencap of the 1977 photo scene:

[​IMG]

14. I knew I wasn't crazy when I spotted that on my HD feed. Here's a brightened photo:

[​IMG]

15. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ya blonde chick, looks like it could be claire, or the 1st AD or a PA, who knows. great episode!

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

New age/hippy folk love to use that term(which I find annoying)

17. gh4chiefs

Thanks, I was totally confused.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I bet that Sayid and Young Ben are going to spend a lot of time together in that jail cell. Sayid will be tempted to just grab him through the bars and snap his neck, but instead he'll attempt to sway Ben back to the light side and ultimately fail.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

In Ben's only flashback episode, 3X20 "Man Behind the Curtain", after arriving on the Island as a boy, at night he sees his dead mother calling to him outside the Sonic Fence. He goes out there in the darkness and bumps into Richard Alpert dressed as a savage. He wants to join the Natives but Alpert says he'll have to be very patient for that. Cut to about 15 years later when Ben helps the Purge kill off Dharma.

20. InvisibleGT

InvisibleGT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To clear something up, did you mean "palpable," as opposed to "palatable?"

As far as the connection between Lil' Ben and Sayid, I'm not entirely certain that Ben would have known about Sayid earlier in the series. The way that this season has shown time travel memory to work is that, upon finding something out, that memory, in essence, is decoupled from the timeline, and travels to the "present." So, if anything, when Ben finally comes to on the Hydra Island, he would instantly be aware that Sayid is in the past.