More Menacing Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

In Transformers & ROTF...shouldn't the Decepticons have been more menacing? In the movies they are kinda a joke really...shouldn't they just be EVIL! And darker. I know that isn't how they are portrayed in the cartoons really...but for live action don't you think they should have kicked it up a notch???

:shrug:

2. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picking up humans and ripping off their limbs and then flinging them at other fleeing humans. Seeing a dismembered leg bone spear someone through the gut?

3. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Decepticons in the movies LOOK pretty menacing but are just kind of anonymous really. I wouldn't even call them a joke. They're just ugly looking cannon fodder. In ROTF they actually have completely personality free soldier Decepticons that all look the same. I understand they are probably saving CGI budget, but one of the BEST things about Transformers is that each robot has it's own personality and abilities.

(Also, no uber-fans try to correct me by talking about Seeker clones, or Terrorcons or Insecticons or whatnot. I know all that stuff, but I meant IN GENERAL that was part of the appeal)

4. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

That was a problem even as far as the first movie imo, can anybody name the decepticons in the first movie? I mean sure there's Megatron aaaaaaaaaaand we'll call the jet Starscream I guess cos we like that name but the rest of them?

5. Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin Commander

Most of them named themselves when Frenzy found the allspark.

They are:

Barracade-The police car
    Bonecrusher-The construction vehichle that Optimus destroys
    Brawl (Although in the movie he was accidentally called Devestator)-The Tank
    Frenzy-The small Decepticon
    Scorponox-The scorpion

6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know whether they should have been more menacing per se, but it "amuses" me that they leave such an obvious target as Hoover Dam essentially untouched after freeing Megatron.

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you forgot Blackout the MH-53 Pave Low III helicopter

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The movie was directed by Michael Bay.

9. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

This.

10. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Blackout was pretty menacing in the first film, but by the second film we have a tiny radio controlled truck Decepticon who humps your leg.