Multiple Choice Vote for your favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by EmoBorg, Jul 11, 2013.

?

Vote for the Actor who you think played Batman and Bruce Wayne well

1. Christian Bale as Batman

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne

21 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Val Kilmer as Batman

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. George Clooney as Batman

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. George Clooney as Bruce Wayne

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Michael Keaton as Batman

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  8. Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I voted for Michael Keaton in both category. He is a class act all the way. Christian Bale is my second choice as Bruce Wayne and Val Kilmer is my second choice Batman.

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Kevin Conroy would have been my only choice but out of the choices; Christian Bale had the most realistic Batman. George Clooney could have been the best Bruce Wayne if not for the script. Michael Keaton also won my Batman vote regardless that he's the only batman that killed people.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Conroy will get my vote every time.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Bale's Batman killed:

* Ra's al Ghul ( hairsplitting aside )
    * Harvey Dent
    * Talia ( essentially ) and the truck driver

5. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

There is an argument to be had there, but I'm not going to be the one to have it.

6. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would vote Conroy for Batman and Bale as Bruce Wayne, but I'm not voting because Conroy wasn't included.

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I don't like Bale as Batman or Bruce Wayne. I don't get the appeal.

Keaton was great, Kilmer was ok. Clooney might have been great, but the film was so bad it's hard to see how. (Chris O'Donnell was pretty good as Robin in both films.)

I agree that Conroy's voice defines Batman as a character, but he wouldn't work onscreen. So that eliminates him.

Considering all that, I still have to go with Kevin Porter as the best onscreen Batman I've ever seen. Check out City of Scars. The writing is just ok, and some of the acting is barely passable, but Porter IS Batman.

[​IMG]

(FYI, I'm not affiliated in any way with Bat In The Sun Productions. Just a fan.)

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ra's I agree, Harvey and Talia are different. Batman tackled Harvey Dent to prevent him from killing a child it just so happened that tackle resulted in Harvey falling off Unguarded Contstruction Site 272-A and supposedly dying. (Argument "could" be made he could have survived and his "death" was part of the cover-up.)

Talia is sort of in the same route, she died by the circumstances she was in, it was a crash in which she suffered fatal injuries.

Talia and Dent weren't "active kills" they were attacks or actions that resulted in a death. It sucks, sure, but it's a whole lot different that what happened Ra's. In that case Batman made a CHOICE to kill someone, or let them get lead into a death. Ra's was incapacitated by and large and his plan was going to fail. Batman had won, all he had to do was take Ra's out of the train with him and let the police take it from there. "I won't kill you, but I won't save you" is a shitty cop out. Batman made a CHOICE there to kill someone. It wasn't a "kill or be killed/let someone else be killed" situation it wasn't a situation where quick action needed to take place that happened to result in a death. This was Batman ELECTING to kill someone, or have them die. That's very, very, different.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

If we count events from slightly before he officially became Batman, Bruce also killed the Ras decoy and a buttload of ninjas in the League of Shadows' mountain lair. It's another one of those situations where it was in self-defense/defense of others, and I don't have any problem with his actions, but just throwing it out there as another example.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

That's still killing him, though, which was my point. When you tackle someone off the edge of a construction site at that height and they're completely unprotected in any way, you're making the choice to potentially kill them.

The Joker even says outright in the film that he expects to see Batman break his "one rule", and the end of the film pays this off.

That argument was on dubious ground to begin with, and with the release of TDKR it was fully extinct. Much like Harvey.

So she died from bad driving? And I take it the truck driver died from heart failure, as opposed to the explosive rounds being fired in his general direction?

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Christian Bale did a fantastic job playing both public and private Bruce Wayne and I especially loved his moments of clear and focused devotion to the cause. He's my favorite Bruce Wayne and Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman. Keaton had the style, skill and panache I expect from a modern-day Batman.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Hated Keaton's performance as Wayne and the way Wayne was written in Batman.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. No Kevin Conroy = no poll credibility.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

From this list: Michael Keaton.

Too bad you didn't include Kevin Conroy...

15. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Based on the poll my choices would be Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne and Val Kilmer as Batman. My real world preference is Kevin Conroy as Batman and Bruce Wayne.