Tuvoks Hair... ridiculous

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by StarTrekSlut, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    [​IMG]

PS: like your av, Captain Kathryn :)

2. Big Tom

Big Tom Lieutenant Junior Grade

Personally I watched STOS because it was all new to me in the 60,s. I watched STNG because that was all that was peoduced at the time. Then there was STDS9 I watched all that, Later it was Voyager for seven years, most of these shows I recorded on VHS tapes. Lastly there was Enterprise. I enjoyed them all for the time they were in. They were produced for their time and what went in them cant be changed, so why dispute and speculate what was put on the screen years ago. The criticism is to late. If you want to speculate write fan fiction. Then seen if your opinions are worth a shit and are read by any one.

3. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I want HIGH quality Star Trek back, with Vulcans acting and looking like they were originally intended-- just as an original Purist like me wants: short, windswept bangs and bushier, angled eyebrows. Yelling about checking circuits and about disappearing women. Grinning with glee at vibrating, singing alien plants. The new actor that did most of TOS episodes should have more carefully studied the Nimoy guy that portrayed the Vulcan in 'The Cage'!

4. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. They didn't take into account the bald cap, & the neck was too tight, cutting off blood flow through the carotid.

Kate Mulgrew regaled convention audiences for years sniffing about the unprofessionalism of actors who would complain about such piddling details.

5. I did lose my password since you blokes are curious..Was at me GF house most of yesterday..

Cant someone just delete the other account? How do i fix it? life outside of facebook is torture..

-crim

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I believe there is a FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD option and you can reset it that way. At least there should be? Most forums have it.

7. Captain Kathryn

Haha thanks. I love the Doctor. :D

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How convenient that the original account gets warned at the very least and you "forgot" your password and had to make a new one today.

Indeed. Easily the best char on Voyager! :)

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Are you sure that's not only thing you lost?

?

10. The Doctor is totally the best character. Well written and while i have gripes about him being a sentient hologram, I can deal with that.

And before some holier than thou wisearse decides to throw the doctors hairline in me face.. you'll notice that the doctor is actually human.. and he has a normal recess.. Vs Tuvoks "lets shave half his head off" cop-out because they wont pay for a real costume department.

-crim

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

12. R. Star

I guess by that logic Picard and Sisko were both copouts too. I mean Kirk got a hairpiece!

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Correctamundo...

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Too late; I threw it in your face about a dozen posts back.

Really??? I had no idea! What was the holo-projector for, then?

They must have paid for some kind of costume department. You know that Kes' pixie cut was a wig, right?

15. Captain Kathryn

I don't think cost was the issue... they obviously paid a great deal for the set and I heard that Tuvok went through as many as 4 ear replacements per day. Do you really think they would just be cheap and not get a wig? I think they didn't want him to have one.

16. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happens to us all. :lol:

The planet Vulcan has got Ghettos too. That wasn't just some mentor/protege relationship that Tuvok was building up with young Kes for a while there, he was totally thinking that he was gonna pimp dat ho when they get back to the Alpha Quadrant.

17. Captain Kathryn

OMG.

The idea of Tuvok "pimping" anyone is just so... not Tuvok.

And StarTrekSlut_...I didn't even realize you made that comment. You think it was US who brought up racism? No...I think it was the guy (or girl?) who is calling Tuvok "ghetto looking". That is just...WTF is wrong with you?

18. R. Star

Guess that explains why he's not the cliche Vulcan science officer. He's really a Vulcan security gangbanger! :p

19. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

I don't know... don't forget "blood fever."

20. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

It's been addressed, but just hit the notify mod button in the future rather than commenting in thread. We'll get to it ASAP. :)

Edit: And I think this thread has run it's course... locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.