"Rare" Star Trek: Encarta Bridge Set Stills

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Picard Alpha, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Picard Alpha

Picard Alpha Commander Red Shirt

--

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  2. Picard Alpha

--

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  3. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

^ Thanks, mate. I appreciate it.

4. Picard Alpha

No problem :)

5. Andymator

Andymator Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I can definitely see how you could have some interesting material for a fifth Encarta film, and it's not as if I wouldn't want to see it! Heheheh. Either way, I just want to see something entertaining! I wouldn't want you to be limited by not being able to assemble all the actors again to reprise their roles, or not being able to get appropriate costuming for whatever era your story needs to take place in, or any continuity stuff that really isn't important to the entertainment value of a good story. I'd love to hear more about whatever it is you've got cooking.

One of my minor criticisms of "Dark Hope" is that it didn't feel very accessible to a new viewer. It took me a little bit to figure out exactly what was going on and who these people were, what their relationships were to each other. I think maybe that had something to do with the structure of the film more so than the story itself, but whether you decide to do another Encarta sequel or something completely fresh it would be neat to have some time dedicated to easing the viewer into the world you're creating.

That's actually a pretty cool concept!

6. Picard Alpha

7. Picard Alpha

Double Post.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  8. Picard Alpha

Update: A project I was working on with the working title "Encarta V: Redemption" looks to now be officially canceled.

I was also working on a new st fan film concept, however that has also been dropped. My business partner and I put a good deal of development into the concept, including a very interesting new uniform design I think fans would really have liked. I think the story was really unique, as well as the new ship I was in the process of building. Sadly, we've decided that the project was simply to costly to produce at this time. Hopefully some day, we can return to the idea.

Additionally, Encarta IV: Dark Hope - The Extended Recut looks to also be on the chopping block. The new cut was going to feature a higher quality internet release and an all new original sound track. Communication between me and the gentlemen producing the tracks seems to have fallen off. Maybe someday this project can be picked back up if he gets time to finish scoring the film.

I am however in the process of making a new feature length movie, outside the realm of science fiction/fan films. I'm also really enjoying playing Vulcan Engineer Ravek on "Star Trek: Mariner". http://mariner.gfcmedia.net/

9. Andymator

That's too bad! Sorry to hear about those things not working out man. Hopefully you'll pick them up again one day!

10. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Some of us would still like to see the best of both world test you did.

11. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Sorry to read about the postponement of the fifth Encarta and the other fan film. I do want to chime in (again) and say that your "Q-Who" remastering was far from a "blunder" as you put it. It was unpolished and needed some tweaking after the first cut, you know, like every other film that's ever been made.

That aside, I do hope you will be able to produce one (or both!) of these other projects soon.

12. Picard Alpha

It's more about hosting the file, such as youtube. I don't want my account deleted for hosting an entire episode.

13. Andymator

What about Vimeo? Or perhaps just showcasing some of the fx sequences? I know I'd love to check it out.

14. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

There are a number of folks posting test FX sequences for WOK, TFF, and TOS. Moriarty here at the BBS is working on a long running project to do a version of The Doomsday Machine. His clips are just that, clips with a little text saying that Star trek belongs to CBS, Viacom, Paramount, Gulf-Western, Desilu or who the crap owns it this month. The Trek 5 project is quite kewl also. Again, Picard Alpha, there were a number of us that would like VERY MUCH to see what you did.

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Is setting up a "dummy" youtube account to host this film somehow out of the question? Worst case scenario, they tell you to take down your film/remove it themselves.