Marvel Assemble.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chu'lak, May 9, 2013.

1. Chu'lak

Chu'lak Lieutenant

So, what are some GOOD comics? Traditional Marvel properties. Belive it or not I started reading X-men Days of Future past, and it's terrible.

Currently I am lisenting to the Audio Drama of Civil War, but i hate all of the tertiary characters, like Hulkling, Speed

so waht are some GOOD marvel comics?

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, I like DoFP, Hulkling and Speed ect;, so take my recommendations with that caveat. I highly recommend Hawkeye, Daredevil, FF (Yeah, I'm finally sold on it), both Uncanny and All-New X-Men and Indestructible Hulk.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

The main Avengers book by Hickman has been pretty good so far, Captain Marvel is also a strong title that's going to be part of a crossover event with Avengers Assemble at the end of this month. Captain America is a great title so far where the current storyline is something different for a solo title. Daredevil is worth checking out as well.

I love Superior Spider-Man, but it's a love it/hate it title it would seem, so your mileage may vary.

4. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Marvel Cosmic starting with Annihilation, followed by Nova, Annihilation Conquest, Guardians of the Galaxy, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, The Thanos Imperative, and both Annihilators mini-series.

Starting with Keith Giffen and continuing with Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, Marvel really had a great thing going for a while with their cosmic stories.

5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

If Days of Future Past is "terrible", then there is no such thing as a good Marvel comic.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're not supposed to read days of Futures past now.

You were supposed to read it 30 years ago.

30 years ago Days of Futures Past was a-fucking-mazing.

Now, Days of Futures past is a Tuesday.

Gosh, there's Even an event of annuals from the early 90s called Days of Futures present where the Days of futures Past bad guys attack the present, and then there's a 6(ish) issue run on Excalibur form the late 90s called days of Futures tense where the Present attacks the Days of Futures Past.

And Nimrod is everywhere there and inbetween.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Some people would read your quote and go "That's why I don't read comics." I read your quote and think "That's exactly why I love comics! I love how crazy and convoluted some of the plot lines can get up to. Though in fairness lately they've done a good job of making everything feel more fresh and grounded.

8. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Last month, actually, I read it again and it was still very good, much to my surprise.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because the first girl you were every truly in love with was Kitty Pryde.

It didn't work out.

Becuase she isn't real.

But other than that, it was perfect.

Although, I'm sorry to say.

That she was cheating on you.

With me.