The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a feeling I'm going to spend this entire movie wishing Cumberbatch was playing Spock.

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, there may be in the bigger trailer or the 9 minutes preview.
    And maybe not many of them are finished being cgi'd yet.

To be honest I don't mind if we spend a lot of time on Earth's cities. It will be nice to see what the 23rd century looks like down there.

No way, that is a man's hand.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boldy going where a population of billions has been before.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Watched it and I'm still really not feeling it...

Yet another revenge movie where the bad guy wants to blow up Earth? Russians got it right by just calling it Star Trek: Vengeance.

Special effects are nice.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, this is certainly more impressive than the trailers for any previous Star Trek movies.

There's really nothing in this trailer that suggests Cumberbatch is anyone we've seen before.

Period. Check, please.

Now, he may be an established character - no reason why not. But aside from an obsessive fanboi tendency to draw unjustified inferences from the tiniest bits of trivia, there is nothing to give one a clue in this 1:03 minutes. All one can do is take a stab in the dark and guess. :p

6. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

If only they get it right this time!

7. Trekker82

Trekker82 Lieutenant Red Shirt

My thoughts exactly.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

This is easily the most impressive ST TEASER ever, I don't expect a 1 minute trailer to show me everything in a 2 hour movie, but to get a taste of the "look" and feel.

"It doesn't feel like Star Trek"...odd thing to say, but maybe its because for years Star Trek movies were low budget affairs produced almost as an afterthought by Paramount by TV producers as opposed an epic, well made, big budget "tentpole" film made by Hollywood movie pros. If anything this teaser made me feel that STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS will easily surpass the grosses of ST09, I'm very confident of that now.

RAMA

9. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, the only thing we really know are that Klingons, alien planets, and combinations of ships and water are a major part of this movie. Well, that and vengeance is an overused motivation in the Trek movies.

Pulling for Garth of Izar as the Cumberbatch role, but Alice Eve as Denner(?) is making me wonder...

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here!:D

*SPLISH*

11. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the teaser doesn't "feel" like Star Trek, it because that's intentional. Paramount isn't trying to get star trek fans into the theaters, they trying to get everybody else.

12. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Very nice trailer.

Is it just because of the angle or have the nacelles a different shape? They look bigger at the rear end in the rising-out-of-the-water sequence.

13. Trekker82

Trekker82 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Then why not call it something else? If you want to base a movie from a popular franchise than have the movie be based on that, not a loosely related story with some iconic names to make you feel that it's Star Trek.

14. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

My thoughts exactly.

15. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spock is running through town behind Cumberbatch. The city is San Francisco. Kirk and McCoy run in the Red Forest. Klingons are shooting at Cumberbatch jumping on them, Kirk and Uhura seems to be prisoners of Klingons. Kirk faces Cumberbatch seated in a ship that is not the Enterprise. In the final scene a small ship falls into flames in the city, before another larger ship with nacelles falls too.

16. Oso Blanco

Then what would a trailer have to look like to make it feel like Star Trek to you?

17. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

18. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Someone on youtube was suggesting that as well and I don't see it. That looks like a Caucasian man's hand to me, which sort of rules out it being Uhura.

And if it's not Gary Mitchell, Alice Eve could be playing nurse Chapel.

I also think it would be a great alternate reality twist, if it were Kirk who dies while saving the ship, rather than Spock.

19. Oso Blanco

And shouldn't Uhura's hand be a bit ... well ... darker?

20. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

It's a man's hand.