Ms. Marvel - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

You have to be able to kill heroes, though. They can't save the day every single time. Of course resurrecting them right afterward is a problem! Like with Barry Allen... he's been dead since 1986? What percentage of current comic readers were reading comic books back in 1986, 23 years ago? I know the industry is increasingly catering to older fans rather than teenagers but wow. I'm not familiar with the character but what about him is so amazingly unique from Wally or Bart? I'm not a Flash reader so I honestly don't know, I'm not being catty :p ;)

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the 20 years of everyone saying that he was great, or that they would never live up to his example.

Totally the hype.

His death made him.

Although it was Barry in the short lived TV show, which pissed me off at the time.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Resurrecting this thread with some interesting spoilers from the solits for May.

MS. MARVEL # 39

[​IMG]

The Story: The Dark Reign is in full effect. Carol Danvers is dead.
    Moonstone has taken on the mantle of Ms. Marvel. And the only hope for the forces of good is...Machine Man?! Brian Reed & Patrick Olliffe kick off a new chapter in the legend of Ms. Marvel!

Looks bad, but then look at the cover for New Avengers #53.

NEW AVENGERS # 53

[​IMG]

The Story: WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SORCERER SUPREME? And will he or she survive the initiation? The Avengers fight a battle that they know will shape the future of the Marvel Universe for years to come!
    Rated A …$3.99

(All images are hosted on my personal Google Pages webspace and are not hotlinked)

4. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I seriously doubt that she is dead. Dark Reign is about replacing heroes with their 'darker' counter-parts. I'm sure the next 'big-event' will be Nick Fury and the other heroes taking back SHIELD (or whatever Osborn renamed it as) and kicking the bums out. I feel pretty sure that the next event will be the return of Captain America (it could still be Bucky, but he will do more classic Cap stuff).

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I can see that given...

The new Sorcerer Supreme is apparently The Hood.

6. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel very odd praising Joe Q's Marvel, but...it seems like DC promised an event where evil wins, and Marvel is actually doing it. Ummm..but does this mean at some point Mac Gargan will become the Spidey books' protagonist?

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Nah, Amazing Spider-Man is off in its own little world.

8. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And they can have it.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mac, Norman and the Thunderbolts showed up i n amazing and they fought Anti-Venom.

Meh.

10. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

I got back into Marvel thanks to the TPB's, but I think that it's about time for me to get off the wheel. House of M was interesting, Decimation was an interesting consequence, WWH & Civil War started to numb me, Secret Invastion made me wonder more than once what the hell was going on. Now with the Dark Reign I think I'll just go back to the Ultimates and Squadron Supreme 'verses at least until Ultimatum concludes.

While I think that new blood is needed and new directions, this seems like the era I grew up in (the 80's) is pretty much dead and bured now.

I just hope the Thing gets a good and proper shot at a happily married life.

11. Morfius

Morfius Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, the new Spider man is some guy who sold his baby to the devil!

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Talk about dead and buried; I grew up in the 60s and 70s. This current phase is like the 80s on crack. :rommie: