Greg's Trek Ships and Things

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by STRenegade, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Favorite Era?

1. ENT

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Pre-TOS

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. TOS

69 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. TMP

48 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. Lost Era

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Next Gen

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Next Gen (DS9)

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Next Gen (Voyager)

14 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. TNG Movies

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Post NEM

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

BEHIND THE SCENES

Got my collection of reference material, my box of personal artwork and writing from over the years, and my movies. Not show is my 8 gigs worth of saved Trek pictures from either canon or fan designs that I've liked
    [​IMG]

2. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

nice Collection of material :techman:

3. STRenegade

Spent past two hours outlining the history of the Renegade storyline, starting with the the Black Guard. So far it details of the forming of the crew of the Stovas, including Davis Varamir, and led by a man named Bishop; and ends with the beginning of the infamous Galaxy Planet mission. In case you aren’t caught up on the Black Guard story, here is the first chapter in the first novel (do note this is not the final version):
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Black-Guard-1-197421454

4. STRenegade

2x the size of the Felgoth Telgar-class and 6x the firepower, the Felgar Dreadnaught is the largest vessel possessed by the Felgoth. Like its smaller sibling, it possess a large energy cannon that bores through enemy shields, weakening and creating an opening in the enemy's shields. Unlike its sibling, the energy cannon's stream creates a tube which allows several torpedoes to travel down the middle of, straight through the opening in the enemy's shields created by the cannon.
    [​IMG]

5. STRenegade

6. STRenegade

Changes. Getting there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. STRenegade

Working on textures. Also idea on Felgoth attenuator beam weapons (sporting light blue and purple colors).
    [​IMG]

8. STRenegade

Since the old design was too conventional (familiar?), I decided to rehash it a bit. The ship is now a light cargo vessel that delivers supplies to fledgling Federation colonies and allies. Not built for combat, it is equipped with 2 forward laser cannons.
    [​IMG]

9. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting! Looks kinda like a smaller Kobayashi Maru.

10. STRenegade

Some structural and textural adjustments. Also I got a little sidetracked and make a spacesuit for Mr Biped.
    [​IMG]

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the antenna!

Is he flipping me off? :lol:

12. STRenegade

Concept for the bridge.
    [​IMG]

13. STRenegade

Work on the Captain's chair. Still tweaking the materials to match the shows, but to be slightly different. the left side needs to have the materials switched to a solid (currently using the transparent material from the right side). Also the comm panel is a place holder until I find better reference pictures of the original. Need to round out those slanted boxes a bit more; feeling a bit too boxy. Make a smaller gap on the support cylinder so the silver barely shows. Probably put some etched plates on the right side to indicate controls, such as Condition Red, Yellow, Green and Jettison Pod or something. Made it a little less lounging look and more upright and alert look.
    [​IMG]

14. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I rather like your Behaim-class.

--Alex

15. STRenegade

Basic layout set. Still working on colors to get right. Captain chair not finished yet until I find better references.
    [​IMG]

16. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I also like the antenna behind the bridge. I might have more of them of different heights in a small cluster.

18. STRenegade

Started the tactical/helm station. Took some cues from the Polaris's setup, ship of my friend Dave Metlesits. Focused on how it would of been done in the 60s while at the same time not looking like a bunch of random controls with various colors and no purpose. Far from done, but the basic setup allows an operator (in this case, Ensign Caitlyn Velaras) to fine tune phasers and torpedoes. Settings for phasers range from intensity and field of fire to which bank is firing and if it is the dorsal or ventral bank. Torpedoes can have the yield adjusted and if they fire from the forward or aft tubes. Also basic slider controls for controlling how much power is put into Warp, Impulse, or Thrusters. To be added is a panels for controlling ship movement, setting course, and unauthorized use of ship systems (or weapons discharges). To also be done is the building of the little 'pocket' for the targeting scanner, although at this point I'm thinking of leaving it as is as there is no point of having it pop in and out.
    [​IMG]

19. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

This is all some really inspired work! :)
    Like the ships and the bridge concepts! Well done!

20. STRenegade

Pretty much done here. Might add a random panel with multicolored buttons that have no use, just for the sake of. Also will need to create a screen for the targeting scanner.
    [​IMG]