Kindle Paperwhite...

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by BillJ, Nov 5, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Funny thing is, like people on your forum you point to, you can only see it when your taking pictures. It's not visible to the naked eye.

I just put a picture out there, people can make up their own minds whether it works right or not.

2. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Thanks Bill. I don't see any significant problems that you wouldn't find with any other type of backlit screen. (Hell, the nicest monitor I have has one dead pixel and its head it since 3 months after I bought it and that computer's 9 years old now!)

And it's very weird that the overly negative review on this thread is from someone who doesn't own the device and whose experiences appear to be second hand at best.

3. BillJ

No reason to be anything other than honest. :techman:

It's not like their going to quit making the Paperwhite tomorrow if I don't talk you into buying one. :lol:

It serves the purpose I bought it for. Allowing me to read in bed at night without my wife wanting to club me to death with my iPad which lights up the whole room. Speaking of... :eek:

4. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't count as an actual owner? What am I, pretending? :D

And...so? Like I said, all I can tell you is that I like mine. Mine works fine. Are you trying to convince me that mine doesn't work? Because I'm pretty sure it does. :P

5. BillJ

The only people that count are the ones bitching about it. :techman:

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Isn't that one of the laws of the internet?