11 Things that are wrong with the 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Romulan_spy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I think no one should be forced to watch the show.

3. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think 10/Rose shippers shouldn't be allowed near keyboards.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I skimmed through all of it, and I just couldn't find myself agreeing with much of anything. The author made some accurate observations about Smith's Doctor, but I wouldn't describe any of them as "problems."

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I got through the first two grievances

1. Tennant's quiet fury? What show is this guy watching? Tennant was every bit as loud as Smith?
    2. The Doctr gets all the punchlines, and is eyerolling awkward? Again, what show is his guy watching. Amy and Straxx and Vastra and River and Rory have had all kinds of punchlines, one liners, etc and what is wrong with Smith's Doctor being excessively awkward?

Gave up after those two, so, I don't know what other ludicrous complaints he had, since i wasn't worth my time to flip all the pages to find out.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Man that's a lot of whining. :lol:

7. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Can't even make it past Number 8. The first couple were "I don't like that this about Matt Smith, even though Tennant did the same," then we got to:

"So how come, from Season 5 onward, the only nod we’ve ever gotten to the first four reboot seasons is one holographic homage of Rose and friends?"

Just... huh?! From the explicit references of Journey's End and The Next Doctor in Victory of the Daleks and Flesh and Stone to the keeping of Dan Starkey as a Sontaran, this simply isn't true. In fact, we got way more RTD-era references in Moffat era than in most new eras of the classic series. Aside from the returning UNIT (ala River Song) and the premise being set up at the end of The War Games, Classic Season 7 may as well have been a different show to Season 6.

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Just another blogger rant. Nothing to really take remotely seriously here.

9. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

What is wrong with what culture - it does that shitty thing where you have to click through pages to inflate the page count.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Those were some strange complaints. Smith's Doctor is too loud, too funny, and too zany? He's just a "derivative" of Tennant's Doctor? Really??

The complaints about the writing I can kind of understand (even if I don't share them), but to dismiss Smith's brilliant and inspired performance like that I think is just ridiculous.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Wait... later on it complains of Smith being Derivative of Tennant? The first two complaints are capping on Smith's awkwardness and getting all the punchlines, and that he's too loud and shouty.

If they felt that was derivative of Tennant, why are they complaining now, but, not when Tennant did it? Seems to me they can't make up their minds wether they hate him for being the same as Tennant, or hate him for not being so

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ultimately I just don't think he cares for the Moffat/Smith era.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

This article was easier to write when Troughton took over: 2 Things Wrong With the 2nd Doctor.

14. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Although there's enough stuff in there that some of it is true, it's safe to ignore - it's written by a Donna Noble fan -i.e. an idiot.

Who with Moff and Doc 11 is the best it's been since it came back.

15. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You don't find Catherine Tate pulling faces and shrieking utterly hilarious?

16. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I attempted to read this piece, but I became frustrated by his writing style And, I disagree with his assessment that the final episode with the Rivers was a filler.

For those who don't want to read the article, and are asking what are the 11 wrongs of the new Doctor, they are:
    11. The Doctor Shouts
    10. The Doctors Gets All The Punchlines
    09. The Doctor Is Sullen And Tortured By...Guilt Again...
    08. Reboot Seasons One Through Four Never Happen
    07. River Song
    06. Continuity
    05. The Doctor's Genitals And What Others Want To Do With Them
    04. The Whoverse Is A Small World After All
    03. "Bow-Ties Are Cool."
    02. Blockbuster Special Effects
    01. Eleven Isn't Twelve Yet, And They Say It Won't Happen Anytime Soon

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

My thoughts, from just skimming over things:

-Seasons 1 through 4 semmingly ignored: So what? The show now has a different producer than it did back then and has become essentially a new show. Previous stories are still acknowledged.
    -The Bad Wolf story arc was hard to follow? The words Bad Wolf show up randomly in each episode. What the hell is so hard to follow about that?
    -Why does he keep referring to the new series as a reboot?
    -He spells Judoon "Jidoon."

18. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

The Judoon misspell was kinda random, yeah. He is right about Donna though. Best companion? Hmm, I wouldn't say that, but she was fantastic. And I say this as a 10/Rose shipper (and 11/Amy before Amy/Rory became so much better than that could ever have been).

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I agree those complaints feel very off base. If anything, I think Tennant shouted more than Smith. And while Smith shouts a lot, it's usually not in anger but excitement. When Smith is angry, he gets quiet.

And Rory & Amy were such funny companions, WAY funnier than Rose or Martha.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKLdou0LH0[/yt]

20. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Read the first three, said to myself, "full of crap," and moved on with my day.