Mayan Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by splodenode, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

The only reason the Mayan calander ended on the 21st was that everybody popped out to get the last of their xmas shopping done and they just forgot about it. :)

2. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, I won't know with certainty that the world isn't going to end until after the next 24 hours has passed. Then again, I'm not worried about the Earth. I'm convinced she'll survive as she has for billions of years. I'm more worried for the billions of people and all other life forms inhabiting the Earth. But if the whole "doomsday prophecy" idea was conceived of long after those darned Spanish Conquistadors all but did the Mayans in, then I'll be cheering on December 22nd at 12:00 PM (or I'll wait until after I get up the next day). Until then, I'll be praying for the me and the rest of the 6 and a half billion other people on this planet before going to sleep.

Actually, the bad part was using the word "stupid" and the f-word, and apocalypse in the same sentence. I think we should be more worried about nature forgiving us. I know I am.

But I'll tell you what: if tomorrow passes by without a hitch, you can consider yourself forgiven. I'm just thinking that since we are probably all but helpless to stop any disaster tomorrow physically, maybe we can prevent it spiritually instead, by being nice, courteous, and well behaved. The way I see it, it can't hurt!;)

3. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now's probably a better time than ever:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzqiPvGrkTo&playnext=1&list=PL367DC1213F3EF0C6[/yt]

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The world actually ended when somebody at MTV sat in a programming meeting and said: "A show about colossally stupid, drunk and trashy Italian-American stereotypes living in New Jersey? That could be a breakout hit. LET'S DO IT!"

I also blame the Numa Numa kid.

6. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Mean joke to play on anyone that believes today is the end of days: Ruffle up some clothes, toss them on your front porch, call and tell that you need them t come over, something really amazing has happen, mid sentence scream "OH MY GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!" cut the line, hide in bushes and wait to see reaction when they arrive and see you've been raptured.

According to some fans, the world ends on 5-17-2013

7. cooleddie74

Zing.

Or should I say....*splash*. ;)

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Why worry anyway? The Doctor will just open the Pandorica, climb in, fly it into the heart of the exploding TARDIS, and reboot the universe...see nothing worry about.

9. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The western world created the apocalypse via hype over the fact the mayan calender ended on this date and there was abiguity as to whether "life carried on". Read this link:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...2012-maya-calendar-explained-ancient-science/

They found additional calendars recently which showed at least another six thousand years, and some extend well beyond that.

So no need to panic. Have faith. :)

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What really gets to me is some people to seem to give this actual thought.

11. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Is this a joke? :vulcan:

Yep, pretty much.

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Just a little over an hour to go. I'm going to party like it's 1999. Better yet, I'm going to party like it's 1979. I was 18 and New Wave was hot. Or I'll just join Jimmy Buffett.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvKLVwRgbs[/yt]

Then I'm going to sit down and have a quiet cup of tea.

Oh, wait. I found this.

No apocalypse today. :(

What the Hell, I'm still going to party like it's 1979. And have a cup of tea.

13. cooleddie74

In a world where a disturbingly large number of people think the Twin Towers were brought down by controlled demolition and the 9/11 planes were all under remote control and never hijacked nothing surprises me anymore.

The Mayan Calendar stuff is simple child's play compared to some of the complete insanity that's seriously studied and believed in our collective culture.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

In latest news, the End of the World has been delayed by 4bn or so years. :p

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Count me in as one of those 'crazed' 9/11 nuts!

Today I really thought that aliens would be landing on Earth given the supposed connections between the Mayans and space aliens. Seriously this major cycle happening... It would have been so awesome if aliens were to come down...

Oh well...

19. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

You know, it's absolutely killing me that I didn't think of this...

20. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Good to know.

Lulz.