Star Ship AJAX Production

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by JimTheBuilder, Dec 18, 2011.

1. AjaxSupportCrew

AjaxSupportCrew Lieutenant Red Shirt

@SoonerCon 2012 this weekend. Command chair is getting alot of attention / drawing many questions & many requests for photos have been made & several shots taken......... Hopefully this will help generate some "New" interest.......
    Help is ALWAYZ welcome.
    Check the SoonerCon FB pg. for some of the pics.............

2. Mike 1732

Mike 1732 Ensign Red Shirt

Once again, just curious as to how the production is going. Hope everyone and everything are well.

3. AjaxSupportCrew

The heat (temperature) has begun its' summer climb !! This week has brought the dreaded triple digits numbers. So, work during the day hours really SUX. The pace is moving forward but, at a slow crawl, while we all swelter.........

4. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I suggest doubling your gatorade/bottled water budget. Working in that kind of heat will catch up with you if you don't stay well hydrated!

5. Mike 1732

Mike 1732 Ensign Red Shirt

And, please, pace yourselves. Heat prostration is a bitch!!! As a 'big guy,' I know - its happened to me a few times.
    As much as we all eagerly anticipate your debut, something like this isn't worth getting sick or hurt over.
    EVER!!!

6. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Agreed on all counts!

Do what you can as time and weather (and funds) permit.

As much as I'm chomping at the bit to get out there and do "my thing", I've got PLENTY to keep me busy here. Between AJAX stuff, Mellonpool and the Opera House's production of "Fiddler on the Roof"; sets and a 60' X 60' painted drop, I'm booked...and the Vermont temps are much milder!

7. AjaxSupportCrew

Thanx Mike for the "words of advice" !!! Most of us all are familiar with workin' outdoors in this CRAP we call summer........ But again, never hurts to "hone-up" on the basics of survival skills while try'n to push forward........
    105 is the weathermans GUESSTIMATE for today.
    Feels like we're liv'n in H E L L !!!!!!!

8. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

No A/C in the place? I guess filming will be limited to the winter months.

9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Try shooting in 110°F under the sun with 90% humidity like we did on Polaris. Our cameras would overheat and shut down. Yikes.

10. Today

Today Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What were you shooting with? The fact that you could keep them running even for a short time under those conditions is impressive!

11. JimTheBuilder

It may be too hot in Oklahoma, but up here in Vermont, I continue to forge ahead. My gorn Sculpt complete, I got it into the mold, pulled it...and the front half broke right down the center of the face! Obviously old ultracal....(I've NEVER, EVER broken a mold before)

After much cursing, shedding of tears and gnashing of teeth, I did a little forensic reconstruction, Built it back up, filled the cracks and recarved in reverse where needed. Three successful pulls in latex rubber so far....you'd never know it had fracked up!

Got several props to build...a couple of hypo sprays and "clipboards" or "logbooks"...anyone know the dimensions on those? (you know...the black clipboard thingies)

I've got several other doctor tools made, or am in the process of finishing....reader tubes, scanner...things like that...

Fun question: Do you think some Gorn subordinates might have tough-looking piercings in thier head frills? It's an idea I'm just toying with. I've got a friend who makes the most amazing chainmaile jewelry....They otherwise look just like the classic Gorn, with a more realistically detailed surface texture.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  12. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I say GO FOR IT! Sounds Kewel, incidently I assume your Gorn is a classic TOS Gorn?

13. JimTheBuilder

Indeed it is! I've made a basic sculpt, and to each one that comes out of the mold, I'm adding little changes to give them their own personality...But one will be VERY familiar....

I'd love to post a pic, but can't seem to....

14. AjaxSupportCrew

Pics are now up on the Ajax Facebook page...........

15. AjaxSupportCrew

QUICK UPDATE

Turbolift has once again been reconstructed......... The snails pace has begun........

16. AjaxSupportCrew

REMEMBER

MOVIE NIGHT this coming Monday 7-23-12. The Ajax Crew will be assembling at the studio and then on to Tinseltown here in Oklahoma City.

17. MarsWeeps

Any chance of posting pics for those of us that dumped Facebook?

Or maybe start a Google+ page?

Thanks! :techman:

18. MarsWeeps

I'm guessing that would be a NO!

19. J.C. England

J.C. England Lieutenant Red Shirt

Mars - I would love to post the pics here
    for everyone (especially the ones not on FB),
    but every time I try, they won't post...
    Can't seem to figure out the method.

20. MarsWeeps

What type of problems are you having? For example, you could upload them to a photobucket account and then post the links here. If you need help, I could walk you through it...or if you wanted to email me the pics I could post them for you.