What happened with Kes and Neelix?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by SignGuyHPW, Oct 12, 2013.

1. SignGuyHPW

SignGuyHPW Lieutenant Red Shirt

In Warlord it was established that the alien had taken control of Kes when he died. The alien, for all intents and purposes, broke up with Neelix and not Kes. Yet even though nothing else was blamed for Kes the break up still stood. Did I miss something? Was there another explanation given as to why they had broken up despite Kes' body being used by an alien and not wanting Neelix to uncover the plot?

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

She grew tired of his smothering her.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

After the events of "Tuvix", where she pleaded with Janeway and finally got Neelix back, she realized what a disgusting horrible creature he was and asked for her lung back. He refused, saying he had salvage rights to it. Then she knew it was all over. :shifty:

The actual breakup was never shown on screen. They just dropped it altogether.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I think they were starting to drift apart well before Warlord

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know how people drift apart or get really fed up with another person's irritating ways after 15 years together? Because people change?

Well if you only live for 9 years that happens in like 3 months.

6. Melakon

It only took my exwife six and a half years to make that decision.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always saw it as indicative of Kes' feeling smothered by him. She was bound by the Ocampa notion that they mate for life, but when the warlord dumped him for her, she just stuck with it. She didn't have to nerve to actually -do- it, but once it was actually done, she was alright with it.

I do wish they would've given a scene between them showing this when a script ran short instead of just padding it with people reciting technobabble.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Kes and Neelix had their official break up in scene that ended up getting deleted. Seriously! :lol:

9. Melakon

Since we never got to see it happen on screen, we can pretend it happened this way (adapted from 1989's The War of the Roses)

NEELIX: I think you owe me a solid reason. I worked my ass off for you to have a nice life and you owe me a reason that makes sense. I want to hear it.

KES: Because. When I watch you eat. When I see you asleep. When I look at you lately, I just want to smash your face in.

10. soapp

soapp Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

yeah, pretty much happened off screen. Personally I think something that important should have been shown, but .... whatever!

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The writers must have really wanted to keep all the scenes with Harry Kim being useless. :p

12. teacake

And after running this through the sweetness and light translator it would come out: "we have grown apart, you deserve someone who can be with you for who you are".

13. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Everyone realised it was really creepy to have an old guy with a young girl and so decided to stop it dead.

14. teacake

But that's the thing with aliens. You have to be flexible. T'Pol was at least FORTY years older than Trip but no one ever brought up the age thing there.

15. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

T'Pol is a cougar. Neelix is just a creepy old man who hangs around at the school gates :lol:

16. teacake

Except in Kes's culture she is a fully grown adult.

There is a whole innocence deal going on with Kes though and I do find that creepy when garbage scow older dude is attracted to it. Just like I do with humans.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kes' father died when she was one years old.

8 year old men knock up 3 year old girls.

It's just their life cycle.

Women aged 4 through 9... Are all widows, and their children are fully grown and left home.

18. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

In Elogium, Kes says that if she were on Ocampa her father would be rubbing her feet. Either her parents were odd in their age difference, or he didn't die of natural old age.

19. teacake

And really if Neelix is creepy old dude so is Paris.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sticking to my guns on this one, but it's still vague enough to go either way.