Need Runabout references

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Ziz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

I'm working on a project involving the interior of the Runabout and I need reference material. I know "Timescape" was the only TNG ep to feature it, especially the rear cabin area, but does anyone have a list of which DS9 eps were Runabout heavy or had unique views of different interior parts? Again, I'm more focused on the rear cabin as there's plenty of reference for the cockpit but any and all help will be appreciated.

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Lets see, off the top of my head, "Tacking into the wind" might be something to look at, they have a scene near the transporter at the back of the runabout Cockpit, which they didn't do very much.

"The Ascent" had different angles on the Runabout both prior to and after the crash.

Can't think of anything else on it right now.

3. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

4. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

I looked up both of those on TrekCore and they only show the cockpit and aft cockpit area where the transporter is. I was looking for some ep besides TNG:Timescape that showed the actual rear interior area.

5. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

There are none, Timescape was the only episode that featured the rear interior.

6. Dantheman

Dantheman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember the Runabout that Playmates made for their DS9 toyline had a rear cockpit for the back of the Runabout, complete with seatbelts with a Starfleet insignia buckle!

What I'm saying is, too toyetic to use as reference.

7. david lowbridge

david lowbridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This is correct, Timescape is the only time the rear compartment has been viewed. However you can hear references to parts of it in DS9 episodes.

from memory alpha

8. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Dialogue references don't help with a visual project. I don't know DS9 as well as I do TNG so I didn't know if I missed another rear cabin scene somewhere.

Thanks anyway.

9. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

There is another episode where the show the rear cabin. It's one of the last DS9 eps where Dumar finds out his family has been killed.

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^Already mentioned that one. They were in the back of the Runabout Cockpit, near the transporter, not the aft section.

11. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

You'd think they would have used it more often since they went through the trouble to build it for Timescape, which was early in DS9, relatively speaking.

12. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

It probably was just a bunch of walls they tossed together. Not a set they could recreate easily. Not really any different from your regular "alien bridge of the week".

13. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IIRC, the runabout aft compartment set was re-dressed to serve as another Starfleet ship interior on DS9 for an episode or two, but never actually got re-used as the proper runabout set again after TNG's "Timescape."