Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

New shower curtain, some tops and pants, and groceries.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I bought some cake mix, two different types of frosting, and some tiny chocolate bunnies. I'm going to make cupcakes for Easter. I have no kids and no friends to give them to, and hubby doesn't like cake in particular--and God knows my fat ass doesn't need any more desserts---but I just like making them.

It's like coloring or drawing; it's just fun and silly and it makes me happy. I'm not a good baker and I sure as hell SUCK at any artistic, but I like decorating cupcakes in silly ways.

Maybe hubby can take some to work.

3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Ides of March BRD
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy BRD (2011 film version)

Yeah, I really liked it when I saw it last year, and had to pick up a copy of it when the DVD/BRD came out. I placed it at 5 on my personal top 10 list for last year's films.

Sadly, it seems like I might need a new BR player. It started having problems with the disc around 20 minutes in, but the one in the living room played it without a single issue when my parents watched it (and also quite liked it).

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Loser lotto tickets.

Oh, and groceries.

5. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Coconut mushrooms.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually had to google these. Meh, give me chocolate mice and sugar cola bottles any day. :p

7. auntiehill

Picked up a new shower caddy--one that won't flippin' rust. Thank God for Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons.

8. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

A mickey of vodka.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

New PJs. Plus, dumped some cash into my pension plan, for tax reasons before the close of our fiscal year at the end of the week. Sort of a purchase, I guess.

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Yesterday was grocery day. :)

12. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Chocolates, candies and colouring books, etc, for Easter for my little niece.

13. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

So, my doc prescribed me Ambien for my insomnia. I've taken it on occasion in the past; while I prefer to treat my insomnia with behavioral techniques rather than drugs, sometimes it just becomes to severe (i'll go several days without sleep), and warrants the temporary use of medication as a crutch. Anyway, it's fairly common knowledge that Ambien has some pretty enjoyable side-effects (such as mild hallucinations), as well as some potentially serious side-effects involving sleep-walking, sleep-eating, and even sleep-driving.

Well, apparently for me, Ambien causes sleep-online-shopping. I've now totalled three emails from various online vendors confirming purchases I made in my sleep! The funniest part being that I'm buying totally boring, rational things that I actually need: replacement heads for my Sonicare toothbrush (which are cheaper on Amazon than in the drugstore), refills for my planner, and insoles for my shoes! I even had the unconscious presence of mind (that phrase being a wonderful contradiction in terms) to look up and use coupon codes!

14. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

^ I've heard some... interesting stories about Ambien. I don't know that I'd be willing to take the risks. At least you're making rational sleep-purchases.:D

15. auntiehill

^Purchasing in your sleep? I wonder if hubby would by that excuse for my shopping? :shifty:

16. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

360 quid for a new (but used) power steering servo pump for my car. Ironically, the reason I bought this specific car was because it had working power steering (common fault on the early fabias).

17. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Yesterday I bought a new dress. When I showed it to Mr. Lemon, he told be it looks like a Star Trek uniform.

Apparently, Star Trek is even ruling my subconscious now. :borg:

18. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

Six yards of 3/4" purple stone to finally, FINALLY fill into my bordered driveway and the picnic table area beyond. It gets delivered this Friday afternoon. I spent all weekend preparing these areas with landscape boarders and a nice new step platform. I'm putting the time in now so that when everything becomes green and flowery, I can enjoy it ;)

19. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Heart medication for my guinea pig, Tulip. :) Plus, a vet visit for her six-month checkup.

20. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Cheap Easter candy.