Why Doesn't Nick Tell Hank: Grimm Question

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by theenglish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

This show has really grown on me. It is one of the few programs I look forward to watching each week.

One thing that really ticks me off:

Why doesn't Nick tell Hank the rest of the story? It is obvious that Hank has some misgivings about Nick's involvement in the Grimm world. Nick actually shares most of these feelings as he is trying to figure out his place in the world as well.

Why don't they just go out for beers? Nick should tell Hank that he really doesn't know much more than what he has already shared. He should also explain in more detail the reasons why he didn't share his secret earlier. This would serve to assuage a lot of Hank's misgivings and strengthen their relationship.

Instead we have this very clumsy build up to a potential rift in their friendship. Clumsy writing? Thoughts anyone who has been watching the show?

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You must be watching a different show than me. The impression I get is that Hank is pretty much up to speed with no hint of a "potential rift" forming.

3. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah...I agree with sojourner...he's even letting Hank help him search through Aunt Marie's place for clues so I'd say they're on about as even ground as possible given the circumstances.

4. theenglish

I guess what I am referring to his that he seems on board, but every so often he asks things like "how long has this been going on?" and whenever something from the first season is brought up from before he learned about the Grimm's there is always a cut to his reaction.

Hank seems very supportive of his friend but you can tell that he still wonders if there is anything else being kept from him.

Unless I am the only person who thinks this, I guess.

5. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Nick hasn't told Hank about Adalind yet, and it is rather frustrating how they've decided to drag that out.

6. theenglish

With all the breaks I had forgotten that Hank didn't know that either.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's been my impression too. At this point Hank already seems to pretty much be an unofficial Grimm.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I'm wondering if, now that Hank knows about vessen, that he'll become "more attuned" to them and be able to see them on his own at some point? At least some of the time.