Sigourney Weaver talks Alien 5... again...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

http://collider.com/alien-sequel-sigourney-weaver/#CXAZTSc7KcKvLtrF.99

I think it would be great to have another proper Alien movie but Sigourney is 64 and I don't know how it would work. I always felt five would be a good number to have and Alien Resurrection didn't really finish the story as neatly as it could.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This would have been amazing ten years ago but I'd be much more interested in Prometheus 2 than in Alien 5. I want to learn more about the Engineers, not just see more Xenomorphs jumping out at people.

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I would rather have Alien 5 than Prometheus 2* but that's me. The saga needs a decent ending.

(* It'll need a new title considering 'Prometheus' won't be in the second film).

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

They could always go down the Superman Returns route and simply ignore the last two Alien films. Set it 30 or so years after Aliens.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'd actually be interested in a Ripley-8 film that doesn't directly involve the xenomorphs. The scenario has been pretty well played out IMO. Maybe Joss Whedon would like to come back and finish what he started *his* way? ;)

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^

All the beloved characters are brutally murdered? ;)

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Did you not see Alien 3? They're all dead already. :p

8. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Alien saga had a decent ending. It was the second movie Aliens.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What better way to end the Alien saga than to bring Ripley to the planet that originally created the Xenomorphs?!

I'm sure it's too late for that kind of story, and it would seem pretty fan-wanky at this point, but if they had actually planned for it, it would have been neat to see Prometheus have a more direct connection to the Alien universe.

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Would time travel be too zany for the Alien universe?

They could show Ripley 8 being rejected from the rest of humanity and chased off the planet.
    She somehow ends up on the original architect world in the past and becomes the progenitor for them, making this whole story a closed loop time paradox. XD

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Way too zany for the Alien universe...but I LOVE IT.

Although, everything we've seen in Alien has required sublight travel, hence all the cryotubes everywhere.

Throw an experimental FTL ship into the mix, an engine malfunction, and BOOM, you've got yourself time travel.

12. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

You'd think that would be logically what the human population of Earth woud do. The final scenes of the last movie shows the spaceship crashing on our planet and the ensuing explosion appeared to be large enough to take out an entire continent.

Regarding Aliens 5 - as others have said, I'm more interested in Prometheus 2.

13. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I'd make Prometheus 2 (and maybe 3) then Alien 5/next Prometheus as the same movie as a postscript to it all...

14. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Yes, there's no reason Prometheus 2 and Alien 5 couldn't be the same movie, they could even make it Predator 4 while they are there.

Aliens: Days of Future Past

The only thing that would matter is if it didn't suck, like most of the Alien movies did. Out of all of them, only the first two were any good. The rest just cashed in on the name.

15. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Four was less bad than the appalling three, but yes.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well if they absolutely, desperately wanted Alien 5 to also be Prometheus 2, then they needn't resort to time travel. All that is required to happen is for Shaw to have spent the last few centuries in stasis, either still en-route to "Paradise" or mysteriously drifting after having already been.

But the likelihood of that movie being made is slim to nil.

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really. They'd use cryo even with FTL — if the travel time was months+ and it was judged impractical to maintain the passengers awake the whole time.
    Food, environmental, water recycling, entertainment, keeping any of them from going nuts and slaughtering the others due to being cooped up.

You know, the little things. :p

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Fair point.

This would almost need to be its own trilogy. Or a Marvel-style crossover event. Prometheus 2, Alien 5, and then a third movie to bring it all together.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Much as I really love the first two films (and admire the third), I have no interest in revisiting either the Ripley character or the Alien universe. We already know so much about the xenomorphs by now (and have seen them so often), that they no longer have any real sense of mystery or danger about them.

And simply coming up with new variations or different "species" of xenomorph wouldn't be enough to change that, I don't think.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just think it would round out Ripley's story if she were finally able to confront the Xenomorphs on their home turf.