Falling Skies - season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, May 23, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Could you give a gun barrel a blow job so dirty that the fellah holding the gun would drop it and run, rather than pull the trigger?

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I didn't know either, bummer.

It's good that David Eick has already reached out to Aubuchon on some ideas to ensure he maintains the integrity of what has already come on the show. Here's hoping the show doesn't degrade, and maybe even becomes better in S4.

Wasn't it Aubuchon's Pilot that was reworked into Caprica's Pilot? Maybe he'll put out a great book that will lead to an awesome movie and/or Series

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David Eick who rebooted The Bionic Woman so badly?
    The show is fracturing over conceptual problems, already. A certified idiot isn't going to help.:(

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

No, i'm pretty sure he'd pull the trigger in the middle of your face-fuck just to keep you from contributing to the gene pool...

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

:bolian:

Anyways, you can really tell the difference between season 1, boring alien kiddish, and season 2/season 3.

I rather have the Babylon 5 guy, he doesn't seem too busy.

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM

Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hadn't heard about the show runner leaving either. Glad to see it's Eick who's taking over, I loved both BSG and Caprica.

10. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I am pretty lukewarm to the show, quite honestly. The production values are top notch, the acting is good, but the writing is ... well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Happy for fans of the show that it was picked up though...

11. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I am losing interest in the show. I loved the alien invasion story to begin with, but I lost interest when the baby storyline came along. There are other things as well, but I don't want to slip in any spoilers.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, those spoilers can be hazardous. I stepped in one the other day and my shoes still smell.

13. Guy Gardener

I figured out that this was an awful show pretty early on that was going to give into as many tropes as possible to prol... This is that tantric bullshit again, just stay there honey, don't move, and you'll orgasm without ejaculating.

This episode had no value.

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Overproduced and underwritten... :(

15. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's flipping obvious Serina's a spy and with her presidency she will probably call in a truce or switch Charlestons alliance to the aliens or some crap.

16. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

All you detractors are free to stop watching any time you like.

Meanwhile, I liked that last night's ep had the classic Exorcist feel to it (as does any scene in sci-fi that involves some kind of possession).

And Pope had a good point: next time he does something assholish he's just going to say he has a bug. Cool. That solves everybody's problems cause the bug cure would kill anybody who's lying. That would be hilarious to see.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good resolution to the Hal storyline.
    I didn't expect Tom's resignation, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of Marina's Presidency. I don't really see where the idea that she's a traitor comes from. Sure she might not have agreed with everything Tom did, but I never really saw anything suspicious about her.
    I loved when Weaver walked into The Nest. You could tell everyone was expecting him to freak out, and then he just goes and gets a drink.

18. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Getting off "Scott-free" had pretty good odds when the betting was going on for the consequences of Hal's behavior. Nice to see at least some of the background players noticing the free pass that the Mason family seems to own. Though hanging a lamp on the issue sure didn't change the end of the episode: all is forgiven for Hal's "little episode" and the Mason boys ride off into their next adventure.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's okay with me. This is just a straightforward adventure series and that sort of thing is to be expected. I still don't think that Hal killed Locke or planted the homing device-- I'm betting on Marina for that.

I'm also betting that the president and Cochise will turn up alive. Their unconfirmed deaths have been unconfirmed for too long.

I didn't expect Tom to resign, though, and I don't see the point of it. But it was dramatic seeing all the Masons ride off on horseback to rescue mom and sister.

20. Guy Gardener

The Charleston presidency means jack shit if there's a real president who has connected the entire rest of America together...

Did Benjamin Hathaway stop at the old US borders, or did he annex Canada and Mexico and Cuba, since anyone joining his ham radio alliance is effectively joining the United States of America.