X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This wasn't me talking about if I liked the character portrayed n screen, but the choice of which characters to include in the film. At least Banshee was around and using his abilities roughly at this time.

And of course I should say the Beast (but mainly was talking new characters that actually weren't original students), I of course loved seeing Hank McCoy, one of the few comic characters that I have enjoyed in both his original X-Men years, and his time as the Blue Fur Ball in the Avengers. Of course modern X-Men have really made me hate him, so yeah thanks again for ruining a great character Marvel.

2. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

Did anyone else get the impression that Magneto started talking in something other than an American accent the moment he put his helmet on?

I loved this film. Shades of old-school James Bond, with the globetrotting, scantly clad women, and supervillains with really hip secret bases. It ends on a bit of a dismal note, but I'm not even sure if that makes a sequel necessary. This being a prequel and not a reboot (right?), we can just assume decades of the Xavier/Magneto dance to fill out the space, with only the team rosters changing.

3. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Awesome...it was a collaboration. They did well.

Well think of it this way. In the Comic Book Xavier does die and Magneto takes over the X-Men. That's a fourth movie easy one many wouldn't be familar with where Singer can romp into the creative zone with little restrictions.

More like someone elses version of events.
    Remember those dudes from X3 weren't really following Singer's idea. From what I heard Singer wasn't going to start straight into the dark phoenix which is why X2 ends with Xavier's smile not a frown. They took notes of his ideas but they really created their own story which is why Rogue dropped off the face of the film.

Singer was smart to focus on Rogue and Wolverine from go. Too many characters to give everyone their just due.

(Might I add that Beast actually looked pretty good in this movie as opposed to fraisers comical look in X3.0

P.S They really need to redo X3 Singer style

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I preferred the X3 Beast over this one. At least it seemed like Kelsey Grammer was able to talk in his make-up!

5. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked X3 Beast too - he was probably the best thing in the movie, although I also liked the general group dynamic in the final fight too. X3 would have been far better if they had eased gently into the Dark Phoenix story and made the B plot her seduction by the Hellfire club instead of just letting her gurn her way through the movie. A real waste of Famke - she hardly wore any black leather in the entire movie.

6. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought Beast looked a little comical in this movie, like if this weren't X-Men and if he wasn't an iconic character, the audience would be laughing at his made-up appearance and silly blue fur. I thought Kelsey Grammer pulled it off better.

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ That's a good way to put it.

11. exodus

He did.
    His hair looked fake felt hair you glue to a Muppet.
    Not to mention it was way too bright blue, so it added to how fake it looked.

12. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like the way Mystique's make-up seems to have got lighter as time has gone on. The darker blue looked much better.

13. exodus

I never noticed.:alienblush:

I agree.
    The only issue I had with the Banshee was the actor that played him, he was very mush mouthed when he spoke. Did anyone else have trouble understanding him?

14. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thought he sounded fine, but consider the alternative, a really thick Irish accent. Though it would have been truer to the comics.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've honestly not been a fan of Mystique's design at all in any of the movies. She looks too much like a lizard.

16. exodus

Octopus.
    She's supposed to resemble an Octopus.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Maybe Damselfly. :cool:

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, she doesn't.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of Mystique, and not to sound like a pig or anything... but was anybody else a bit distracted by how much... thicker and curvier this version was compared to the previous one we've seen?

Obviously Lawrence is still sexy as hell, and she played the part beautifully, but it did seem a bit odd that they chose someone with such a completely different body type from before.

Of course, McAvoy didn't sound or look remotely like Stewart either, so I guess it's one of those things you just have to roll with.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, that's the beauty of Mystique. She can look however the hell she wants.