I know who the villain is.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jhouston6, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a ridiculous, huge amount of continuity linking this film to another one made almost twenty years ago - and it would be to no good end at all. No one cares about Soran.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I care.

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

^No you don't. Stop lying. :p

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like his hair.

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm betting it's Mitch Connor. Just your run of the mill con man. He's been moving from town to town, scamming people since he was fifteen. But he's tired of running.

6. AJBlue98

AJBlue98 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Absolutely! It will break loads of canon! Soran didn’t enter the picture until the launch of the NCC—1701-B. The events of this film occur approximately, what, forty years before that? And as far as anybody knows, the Borg haven’t stepped up their game in the JJ-verse.

7. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    While I'm positive it's not Soran, it's not a far fetched idea. Soran did initially make it into the Nexus, maybe he still has a bitter "shadow" there. It was shown that you can pop in and out of the Nexus anywhere along the timeline, maybe he went back to his younger self in the new timeline to convince him to seek revenge on Kirk and company. He's established as a nutty obsessive, so he just goes nuts at a younger age.

P.S. I agree with the earlier poster that Soran was a decent villain, and not least because it was Malcom F*****g McDowell

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams won't even confirm that John Harrison has a gender.

Actually, I imagine interviews for Trek XIII will go something like this:

Interviewer: "What can you tell us about the villain?"
    Abrams: "A villain is a character in a movie who traditionally has an agenda contrary to the one of the main characters."
    Interviewer: "But what about this villain."
    Abrams: "This villain will have an agenda contrary to that of the movie's main characters."
    Interviewer: "So he's causing trouble for Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise?"
    Abrams: "Captain Kirk is a main character in the movie. The Enterprise is his ship, and it has a crew."

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

As far as anybody knows. :cool:

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Does Harrison love tacos?

11. AJBlue98

AJBlue98 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've been swayed by the argument that “John” and not “Harrison” is the key part of the villain’s name here. Specifically, the theory goes that John Harrison is in fact the Johnny to whom Jimmy Kirk shouts at the beginning of Star Trek (2009). So that means when Bob Orci said the villain was canon, he was right. It’s just us fanboys who assumed it wasn’t from the canon he and J.J. themselves created.

12. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

And burritos. He's one bad ass man.