Lindelof On The Mysterious Harrison

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek into Darkness Co-writer Damon Lindelof explained that there is a logical reason for keeping quiet about the villain of the movie. After the success of Star Trek, the pressure is on to produce a good movie. “If anything, we’ve become more terrified [this time],” said Lindelof. “We kind of got it right the [...]

More...

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Wait a second... John Harrison is actually a pseudonym of a canon character after all? Or is Lindelof just fucking with us again?

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds to me like he just gave away that John Harrison is an alias. Abrams is going to blow a fuse.

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well... since it's either the first and last names of deceased Beatles put together, or the inventor of the marine chronometer that keeps perfect time across longitude - I never figured it could be anything other than a nom de plume.

As long as he doesn't turn out to be Khan! :rofl:

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't we all pretty much assume from the get-go THAT Harrison is a pseudonym? It just seems pretty obvious that he's shaping up to be somebody important, from canon, and he can't be that if we've never seen him before.

6. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

And lets not forget that he speaks with a british accent.:)

7. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Saying Harrison is a pseudonym doesn't give anything away though. If anything, it heightens the mystery.

8. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And it may be a LIE planted in the interview to MISLEAD us and make us IMAGINE things! :eek:

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure it's still more than Abrams, Mr "telling things to the audience is evil" would have preferred.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wrong.

It tells us that when his identity is revealed it will be a big moment- someone known even to casual Trek viewers as bad ass.

It ain't Muddy nor Mitchell. ;)

11. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Mr. Atoz?

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Harrison is...
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Not necessarily. He could turn out to be Pike's bastard son, or someone elses long lost family member or somethng. "Who he is" doesn't necessarily mean a named canon character

14. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

I think he is a rejuvenated Capt. Robert April with super strength and I think that ship that Kirk is space diving to is April's Enterprise.

15. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure Harrison is ...
    Johnny/Sam Kirk. He hated Jim as a child, and when he saw his brother driving by in the Corvette he just assumed it was given to him as a gift from the evil stepfather. This turned the hatred white hot. So Johnny/Sam ran away and joined the circus, picked up a British accent just out of spite, and after years of hitchhiking across the galaxy returned to claim his revenge.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, necessarily. It's an adventure movie, not a soap opera.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It's not necessary to be so dismissive and arrogant about it all the time. Especially since you've been this way with both peple saying he is Khan and with people saying he isn't Khan at different times. Are you going to apologize to the folks you've treated harshly who said it's not Khan when it's discovered it isn't or if it turns out he actually is Khan, are you goig to apologize to those you teated harshly who said he is Khan?

What is so Soap Opera-y about taking all the "Family" references that have been made literally. Plus that was merely an example of an alternative type meaning to "Who he is". I don't pretend to know better than everyone else, I'm merely saying that interview is not proof positive "Who he is" means it's a named Canon person, and even if he is, Khan is no guaratee

18. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree. I can't tell which side of the fence this guy is on. He either thinks it *is* Khan, and is poo-pooing people who don't. Or, exactly the opposite. Or both. In any event, he comes off as very rude and haughty every time.

So, Legion, we get it: you love the idea it's Khan, and you hate it at the same time, and we're all idiots who don't understand movies, marketing, or Star Trek. Next contribution?

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Lindelof On The Mysterious Harris

Well if it is him I'm hoping when he trashes the fleet he uses a certain type of 4 digit code that is known to screw up federation starships as the irony would be delicious.

NOOOOO!

That is way too fanwanky, out of left field, and generally convoluted to be a good idea.

As is this idea.

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

John Harrison's real name is...
    Ringo McCartney.