Helix - Ron Moore

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alex1939, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I like the song but it's up there with Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt for being overused.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I love the song. But, while I get what they were trying to do with those songs on the show, it just does not work. At all. If anything, it just comes off as pretentious rather than whimsically macabre.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, right now most of the episodes are "gathering dust" on my DVR, because the first three sucked, and I'd already given it two more chances. I thought I'd drop in to see whether anything moved me to continue or to just blow it away. I can't say you guys are moving me to continue! :lol:

4. Mister Fandango

You should just skip to the last three or four episodes. That's when it goes completely of the rails into "what the living fuck?" territory.

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe the show’s almost over (yay!). I’ve put so much time into this, I wanna finish it off.

6. Mr. Adventure

So here I am thinking, what, is this guy so badass they can't shoot him? And then the assassin is taken out by a bitchslap? It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything at that moment, lol

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well...i guess it could be realitsitic in that each of us have weak moments, and COULD be taken out by something simple...though does seem anti-climatic. And just before that,

Miksa/Daniel dying...like they did this big reveal of his family, a brief reunion, and then that's it?! Though i guess that's why they have a twin, right? ;)

8. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

OMG that episode was bad, I mean real bad! That scythe killer was laughable!

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I kept wondering where he was hiding his scythe. It's not like he had a Highlander patented trench-coat.

10. Mister Fandango

What scythe? He used a sickle.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Considering how old this kid is.

Scythes would have actually been used to cut lawns when he was mortal.

Odds are that he was the 15th century equivalent of the dim neighbour kid you pay 10 bucks to deal to your back yard.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Mister Fandango

"Helix has built one of our most loyal and consistent audiences in its first season on Syfy. The incredibly talented writing and producing team have crafted a thriller that consistently delivered suspense, twists and high quality drama."

The mind boggles.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Syfy wouldn't know high quality drama if it hit them in the head and introduced itself.

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Second series? Good grief.

The last couple of episodes were appalling. Even The Event was more compelling. If only I could get those 13 hours back :).

16. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

I actually enjoyed the whole series as relatively entertaining sci-fi with slick production values that reminded me of The Thing right up until the last couple episodes...and then the patented Ron Moore "I don't know what to do now with my awesome premise because I'm a hack" time jump reared its ugly head alongside an irritating teen villain with melee weapons and a young woman in horrible old lady make-up. And then they killed one of the only cool characters on the show before revealing that the hero who was forced to be a villain and was then saved and turned back to the light was actually a villain from the start. Fucking lame.

What a waste. Not really looking forward to next season, set in France of all places.

Sanada Hiroyuki is still The Man, though. He fucking rocks.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

After seeing what happened to the Arctic Base, it's a possibility that the same thing could happen to France at the end of season 2.

18. Mr. Adventure

Worth it just to see Seven's head thrown into a helicopter just to cheese off her son.

19. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Ok, due to Channel 5's impatience and bumbling I finally got watch Helix continued with "Survivor Zero". Plodding, nonsensical and cliché as always, but Jeri Ryan is entertaining in a Michelle Pfeiffer playing Catwoman or Famke Janssen playing Xenia sort of way (and ridiculously younger looking than her years as well).

How did Sgt. Stabby sleep out in open in the North friggin Pole and why didn't Seven, being the chief of a quasi-military squad, have her own sat phone set like her gimp boyfriend Sgt. Stabby?

20. TerraNovan

TerraNovan Lieutenant Commander

It burned through 3 seasons worth of material in 3 episodes should of made it last a lot longer.