Star Trek (2009) British Network Premiere - Channel 4, Sun 2nd October

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ChristopherPike, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just a heads-up for anybody in Blighty, who's remotely interested.

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Re: Star Trek (2009) British Network Premiere - Channel 4, Sun 2nd Oct

Here's the thread from the recent Australian premiere campaign:

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=147312

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cheers, Therin. Enjoyed reading that a while back. About how they were promoting the film.

Here the ads are much like the usual film trailer. Captions with lens flares. "A New Generation", "Boldly Go" and so on. Mostly bigging up Chris Pine's in it most of all, and the recast ensemble crew. Eric Bana got a brief shot but they don't make a big deal out of him as the villain, or that Leonard Nimoy's in it actually. The approach to pull a T4 crowd I guess.

6.30 - 9pm today for anyone out there with access to UK TV Channel 4.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

They've been advertising it for about a week now over here, on C4 and its satelitte subchannels, should do pretty well audience wise.

5. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I am keeping an eye on twitter and its mostly positive amongst the first time watchers with some even opting to watch it instead of X-Factor! Shocking! :eek:

Abrams did a great job of getting the masses onboard and this 4-year gap can only be a good thing as more and more people are exposed to the movie through positive word-of-mouth.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just turned over to catch the last hour:D

7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Went to see the film in IMAX (which was a waste of time - the screen is so large you have to sit waaayyy back to see it all, giving you a viewing screen that is visually about as large as a normal cinema screen looks if sat about a third of the way back, and essentially only a marginal improvement in quality) but loved the film whilst I was watching it.

I came out, thought about it a bit and decided that it was a bit dumb as there were some huge plot holes, but it was a good action adventure flick.

Having joined the bbs and discussed the plot, most of the (presumed) plot holes I spotted actually aren't. Having rewatched it now, I've got to go back to my original view - I loved it !