Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I think the idea is, you've reached Captain or Admiral by transferring to command, so you wear red - like Worf on DS9 went from security gold to command red.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

You're right. I checked All Good Things where Beverly Crusher was in command of the USS Pasteur in the future timeline. She was wearing a red uniform.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Question:
    What Reputation lines have story continuations? (For example, the New Romulus continues the story with the Tal Shiar, and I think the Dyson continues the story with the Voth defector. Are there any others)?

Of course, I would hope - one day - to have all my Tiers full for each Reputation area, but I overall want to focus on the ones that further the stories.

5. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I think New Rom and Dyson are the only ones with continuing stories that have cut scenes... the rest are just nothing but a reward at the end.

6. Joel_Kirk

Thank you, TJ..

7. intrinsical

With the exception of the Omega Force rep, the other reps are linked by an overarching storyline, flowing from New Romulus to Nukara to Dyson to 8472 Counter-Command.

You should be able to follow the story by first unlocking the New Romulus rep, which gives you 4 missions on New Romulus that leads to the discovery of a buried Iconian Gateway. Next, do the Solanae Dyson Sphere Featured Episode Arc in which you discover the Dyson Sphere, fight the Voth (while unlocking the Dyson sphere rep), which eventually leads up to the latest Featured Episode mission, Surface Tension.

8. Joel_Kirk

Thanks....:techman:

9. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wellp, some news out of Las Vegas about the next expansion in October, which leads us (predictably) to the Delta Quadrant. Hey, there's a Sphere there, so it makes sense that we'd actually go through the doors one day. Among other things: T6 ships.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185001

10. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

T6 ships?! Level 50 to 60 and story based content?!

Mark MK XII and MK XIV stuff?! :eek:

OMG! OMG!

11. Psi'a Meese

Psi'a Meese Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:bolian:

Excellent. My Constitution-class starship stands ready to enter drydock for the upgrade. New player's - who will inevitably ask the obvious question - can now completely skip the T5 question that gets ya in trouble with mods at the STO forum.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

The idea probably already been killed by CBS.

Right now I'm more concerned about my Fleet Regent and if there is a T6 trade in available.

13. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It appears I am going to need to stockpile Dilithium in order to buy whatever upgrades ship they come up with from the C-store. A rough calculation shows I can swap my current dil for zen and have a litle over 10k zen.

I would prefer they give us a cheap alternative to upgrade our rep/fleet/lockbox/lobi gear. Like putting upgrade tokens in the C-store. Or probably putting them in lockboxes like rich dilithium claims.

14. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Yeah, time to save up on everything now and put all my plans to hold. There were consoles and equipment I was working toward getting, now I'll all have to wait... And I'll have to buy at least one new ship... Other than the updated Intrepid class ship I wonder what else is in the works.

Does anyone know where or when the panel discussion will be uploaded?

15. Joel_Kirk

So, with the new expansion....I guess I'll be putting off saving for my muti-sci vessel.

I have about 350 zen now, and I need 200 more for my TOS outfits and - now that I have a Romulan character - another 550 needed for TOS Romulan outfits.

The interesting thing about the Romulan toon (tactical) and even my Andorian toon (engineer) is that I can probably buy their ships off of the exchange. The ships are 'mirror' versions, but will probably suffice.

Right now for my science toon, it's just a dilithium grind for reputation upgrades, duty officer chain assignments, and eventually completing the last two (?) adventures in the general storyline - at least the last two as of this post.

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

On the plus side, the Jem'Hadar ships might become cheap enough for me to complete my new toon's theme.

17. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some really good stuff there:techman:
    So it seems exploration is coming back in some form(?)..interesting.
    Very happy we are getting upgraded Intrepid-class and finally the long waited interior.
    Also "Homeworld of a rarely seen species" that sounds interesting.
    Looking forward to this expansion for sure.

18. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Gonna be interesting to see how this all turns out. I've been out of the house most of the day. Read a little on the official forum. I had plans to buy another T5 ship for one of my toons. That shall wait now - until I see what the T6 ships look like and everything else with this. Will have to read most of it later next week, after I get back from Melbourne.

19. intrinsical

Well, I expect a few things to be released with the next expansion:
    1) A Voyager Bundle (Voyager bridge and interior, Delta Flyer, Delta Flyer pet, racing uniform, ... what else?)
    2) Upgraded Intrepid class (with secondary deflector)
    3) All current science vessels upgraded with secondary deflector
    4) Since the Borg originates from Delta Quadrant, possibly more or upgraded Borg content

Just bear in mind mirror ships are just Rear Admiral grade ships, not Vice Admiral. Anyway, which ship are you interested in?

20. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Gear is one thing, but ships that I spent zen on becoming obsoete is something I doubt I'd appreciate. They've claimed that won't happen, but we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.