X-Men Question: Apocalypse Versus The Hulk?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hulk has theoretically infinite strength.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the Planetary vs. Batman oneshot, time was playing silly buggers sideways as well and backwards and forwards, that the Planetary "group" were encountering Batman as he was written and drawn differently at different points in his publication, and also including the 60s TV show. Not sure about the movies.

3. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ I remember that, yeah. But I was thinking more along the lines of Bruce Wayne, Bruce Banner, Bruce Campbell and Bruce Willis etc teaming up to lay the smackdown on Apocalypse. Even if it would be a bit meta...

Possibly Bruce the shark too.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

And Robert the Bruce.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Bruce Lee.

6. Guy Gardener

Bruce Jenner?

7. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was going to Bruce Willis and then Bruce Forsyth pops up...but a moustache doesn't a winner make. Hulk fights are great to watch.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I don't think Hulk would win in a fight against Apocalypse though. Brute force isn't enough, no mater how much Hulk can give plus Apocalypse's telepathy. Hulk as a horseman though would be the apocalypse.

9. Guy Gardener

Depends on how smart Hulk is.

Hulk can be so stupid sometimes that telepathy doesn't work on him.

10. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

.. who gave his name to two of the others, apparently (Bruce Wayne IRL, and Robert Bruce Banner in-universe if I recall the flashback issue of the Hulk comic from 1997 correctly).

I only left Bruce Forsyth off of the original list due to lack of crossover appeal. :)

11. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

What about this?

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

"The madder Hulk gets. The stronger Hulk gets"-The Hulk.

13. Guy Gardener

Readingandwilling might have been meaning that a few of us have decided that strength, even infinite strength is not enough to crack the Apocalypse egg.

The Abomination is stronger than Hulk at his starting levels. The Abomination has to knock Hulk out before Hulk gets stronger than he is. It was always a ticking clock in their fights until the Grey Hulk came along who was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the Green Hulk and Abomination finally scored a win.

Byrne in the 80s hypothesized that the Hulk draws mass from an alternative dimension when he changes from Banner to Hulk, and continues drawing more energy (and mass) continuously from that dimension to continuously become a yet stronger Hulk.

Peter David in the 90s however said that Hulk was a metamorph. That Banner to Hulk, and then Hulk to yet stronger hulk was just "shapechanging" controlled by his internal psychoisis. He also suggesteed that if Hulk could actually work out how to nomically controll his metamorphic abilities he'd also have a power set similar to Mystique and not have to worry about the alternate personalities triggering external changes.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

But what is Hulk going to do to Apocalypse, hit him harder? If Apocalypse saw some brute strength creature coming toward him, he would morph himself into something similar to Captain America's shield. I don't think Hulk could win simply by getting stronger. Apocalypse turned himself into adamantium once to stop Wolverine from cutting him, though Hulk did bend adamantium once, but I think a proficient chemist like Apocalypse is aware of vibranium. He also has the patients to deal with the Hulk, he sleeps for thousands of years.

15. Guy Gardener

Wikipedia doesn't say that Apocalypse can fiddle with his elemental composition.

And if he can, it's not how he fights.

And regardless, I'm struggling to remember when was the last time he fought bare fistedly since the 80s.

That's why he has minions.

Too be above the common muck.

Although there is a lot of X-Men I haven't read in the last 5 years because most of the books have turned to shit.

What no one here has taken into effect so far is that Apocalypse is dead.

Arc Angel killed him.

However somehow there's a teenager at the Jean Grey School (Referred to as both Genesis and Kid-Apocalypse.) walking around with Apocalypses powerset and blank slate in his head who is obviously Apocalypse brainwiped and youthified.

(Arcangel lost his memories too. There's obviously a connection between these two events which is public knowledge that I would be aware of if I could commit to poorly written doss.)

So?

Can the Hulk win a fight against a dead guy?

(Or a child?)

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I was unaware of Apocalypse's (current) death, and was basing my statements on Apocalypse during his Age of Apocalypse saga.

17. Guy Gardener

You how when someone grounded in reality like especially a woman or an older relative says "You're living in the past"? Well, I am neither and "You're living in the past".

Genesis is an Apocalypse Clone raised by Phantomx to kill Apocalypse.

http://www.comicvine.com/genesis/4005-81538/

Archangel didn't kill Apocalypse, my bad. My memory got messed up by the Apocalypse twins talking about Warren killing their father, when really he (Warren) was their father and they were probably referring to his mindwipe.

Apocalypse committed suicide (briefly) in July 2006 before he had to pay up to the celestials for using their tech for the last 5000 years, but then the Celstials brought him back and dragged him up to space to work off his debt. (His ship, the massive ship from classic X-Factor was/is a Celestial palm pilot. No shit. It's their version of a tricordor.) So, not dead. But off planet and never coming back.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What issues did Apocalypse "die" in? I never saw those.

19. Guy Gardener