"Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 4, 2011.

1. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I too loved "Epilogue". I still remember when it first aired...it was so unexpected for me...that I nearly fell off the couch in surprise when I saw it. Just an awesome episode.

3. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    "Epilogue" was awesome. I was totally in awe of the episode when I first saw it.

4. USS Mariner

I dunno, maybe I'm a stick in the mud, but the entire story behind Terry Bruce's actual son just felt like a giant FU not just to Beyond fans, but to a lot of people, characters and themes that were a part of B:TAS. My problem isn't that "Epilogue" reads like a soap opera, but a really, really half-assed soap opera, one that appears not to realize how badly it undercut the series (plural) it was paying tribute to.

I was going to breakdown why this episode can gain such ire from me, but I've already been shut down by better people, so why bother?

5. Admiral_Young

I don't think it undercut the series at all. I think it was trying to honour the series personally. They knew they were never going to be able to properly finish "Batman Beyond" so they wrote this episode for the fans of the entire Timm'Verse and "Batman Beyond" series to enjoy. That's how I always have looked at it. I know there are fans who don't like the episode for whatever reason and that's fine, but I really loved it.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Another vote for loving "Epilogue".

"Aurora shooting prompts changes to new Batman cartoon..."

7. USS Mariner

Meaning: OH NOES NOT TEH BOOLETS. TEH PARENTS WILL GETS TEH MAD IF THERE ARE TEH BOOLETS THAT SHOOTS DA MANS DAT FALLS DAUN WIT TEH BLUD.

No, I don't care about the shooting in this instance, because this is a non-issue. Are studios going to change films like the new Expendables because of the shooting too?

8. Admiral_Young

Warner Bros is making changes to "Gangster Squad" and pushed it back to Jan.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I understand what happened was horrible, and I can understand changing the theater shooting in Gangster Squad, but IMO this is closing in on overcompensation. Especially since this won't be airing until next year, by that time this won't even be on the majority of peoples minds.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't like it because it seems at odds artistically with the direction of the show (from what little I know) and because it helps build the legend of Holmes.

OTOH, a lot of people seem to have trouble divorcing stuff like this from what happened. I'm not one of those people so I tend to be insensitive a lot and maybe this is a smart thing to do, I don't know.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    True. Such as 6yrs later and two weeks in to Transformers run I'm reading about Michael Bay's insensitive nature by including a 9/11 moment in the film. I had to keep reading to find out people were upset over Megatron flying through the building (even though it didn't knock it down).

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least in my experience, there usually seems to be a lot more people talking about people being upset than there are actual upset people.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That seems pretty true. People do seem to pay more attention to complaints than praise.

14. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q706SDHrU1M[/yt]

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hmm, I suppose I could get used to the look, but I still think 2D animation looks better than most TV-quality 3D animation.

I don't like it that Batman's chest emblem is just raised black on black. It's rather boring visually. However, it's interesting that the Batmobile kind of looks like the Bat-symbol from the front.

And just action shots don't tell me much. I want to hear voices and dialogue.

Still, the premiere is less than a month away, which is sooner than I thought. I'm surprised we've seen so little up to now.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally, a date. It will be interesting to see Batman without the usual supporting players. I'm trying to keep an open mind about this despite the disappointing treatment CN gave to the last contenders.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not seeing anything in ToddKent's post. A footprint of where something maybe should be but nothing. Am I the only one?

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The Youtube clip is showing up in his post for me.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It looks like very generic cgi to me.

20. Admiral_Young

It says it will premier on Saturday July 13 at 10pm EST at the end of the sizzle trailer.

This looks quite interesting. I love the show logo. The animation doesn't jump out at all I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing Professor Pyg and Toad. Katana looks interesting. I think this has a lot of promise.