Most Anticipated Summer 2013 Movies

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr Light, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm taking movies only from May-June-July this time. What are your most anticipated summer movies?

1. IRON MAN 3: trailers look amazing and it's the first post-Avengers movie; should make up for the disappointment of IM2
    2. STAR TREK 2: loved the first one and the trailer looks amazing and we'll have a strong villain this time
    3. MAN OF STEEL: SR bored me to tears so I'm really hoping this one delivers on the Super-Action. I still love Superman!
    4. LONE RANGER: The team behind POTC is enough to get me excited, and I'm one of the very few who loved Wild Wild West '99 :p
    5: PACIFIC RIM: Del Torro giant robots vs monsters? sold!

6. FAST FURIOUS 6: there has been a steady uptick in quality from 4 to 5 so I'm looking forward to this.
    7. HANGOVER 3: first two were hilarious and this one isn't repeating the same premise thank god.
    8. EPIC: that trailer looks pretty cool with a solid action premise and amazing visuals
    9. "THE" WOLVERINE: I love Wolvie, and the Miller mini-series is classic, but will it translate into a good movie? Dunno.
    10. MONSTERS UNIVERSITY: Monsters Inc was the first Pixar movie I really loved, hopefully this doesn't $*%t all over it.

Runners Up: WORLD WAR Z, WHITE HOUSE DOWN, DESPICABLE ME 2, RIPD, THIS IS THE END, AFTER EARTH

2. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Want to see Iron Man 3, despite The Mandarin.

The ads for Star Trek whatever make it seem more and more unappetizing.

But the trailer for Man of Steel is very intriguing, looks like an attempt to copy the Superman production design while adding a stronger story based on Superman 2.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Now You See Me
    Man of Steel

I plan to see other movies, but those are the ones I'm actually excited about.

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll probably only go to see Man of Steel and Iron Man 3. Pacific Rim maybe if there is a strong word-of-mouth. As much as like Hugh Jackman and Wolverine I'm not sure the character is strong enough to carry a movie. I'll probably download Star Trek just so I can join in the discussions on this forum.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to quite a bit this summer:
    Iron Man 3
    Star Trek Into Darkness
    Now You See Me
    Much Ado About Nothing
    This is the End
    Man of Steel
    Monsters University
    Despicable Me 2
    Pacific Rim
    Red 2
    R.I.P.D.
    Elysium
    Kick-Ass 2
    The Worlds End

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Money is tight, and I have been less and less inclined to drop money on blockbusters. Star Trek Into Darkness is really the only one on my radar. The rest can wait for DVD, unless the critics embrace something unexpected.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Into Darkness
    The Wolverine

The only two that I'm really interested in seeing, since going to the movies isn't as cheap as it used to be :(.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm going to have to go with Man of Steel. Of course I'm planning to go see ITD and IM3 this Spring, and MoS in the summer and I may go and see the Wolverine. But these days I only go to the cinema a few times a year. In 2012 I think I only went twice, it's just too expensive to go too often. What with ticket prices, driving to the cinema etc..

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

1. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    2. Man of Steel
    3. Iron Man 3
    4. The Wolverine
    5. After Earth
    6. Only God Forgives
    7. The Bling Ring
    8. Pacific Rim
    9. This is The End
    10.Much Ado About Nothing

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I hope "Man Of Steel" is better than "Superman Returns"; hopefully the suit doesn't look like it was made out of wax this time.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Into Darkness, Fast & Furious 6, Man Of Steel.

That's basically it for this year...

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Man of Steel
    Iron Man 3

Anything else I'll wait for the DVD release to see it.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That's an odd statement to make considering this is the third Wolverine movie and there have been 3 X-men movies with Wolverine getting the bulk of the screen time.

14. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^I find it a perfectly natural statement, because the more screen time Wolverine had, the worse the movie. Unlike most, I thought the sequel wasn't as good as X-Men. The moment the movie started going off the rails was when Jean somehow thought the guy who could blow her head off if he just opened his eyes at the wrong moment was the safe one, and Logan was the dangerous one.:guffaw:The previous Wolverine movie was even worse than the third X-Men!

I don't get a cut of the box office, so I'm not even thinking about that.

15. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Not to mention that Wolverine has managed to get 2 TV series where he was the headliner in the past 5 years (2008's "Wolverine and the X-Men" & 2011's "Wolverine" Anime series).