24, Law & Order, Lost, Monk, Nip/Tuck... which will you miss the most?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, May 25, 2010.

1. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Re: 24, Law & Order, Lost, Monk, Nip/Tuck... which will you miss the m

24 became irrelevant. Lost was never really relevant in my book, Nip Tuck was good the first couple of years haven't watched it for a long time. never heard of Monk. Scrubs was good like 3 or 4 years ago. I guess the only answer for me is Law & Order and it'll probably end up being back.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll miss Lost the most. Law and Order will live forever in reruns. I gave up on 24. Never watched the others.

3. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

No mention of heroes or flashforward, the love is gone. LOL

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'll miss Lost because it's the last show I watch regularly (actually, did Heroes get renewed, I watch that at least semi-regularly).

Law and Order ending shocked me the most, I expected one more season. It'll still be on TNT, so it won't matter too much. But I always liked the fact that it was on, even if I didn't watch most episodes when they first aired.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Niip/Tuck. My man crush on Christian Troy knows no limits even though the show has gotten a bit out there.

Still having trouble viewing the end of it up here in Canada though, eh.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

24 and L&O are the only ones of those shows I have ever seen. I can't say I'll miss 24, but L&O? Definitely. I hope Dick Wolf gets his wish to revive the series somehow, even if it's only for a 2-hour finale.

Or, failing that, have the L&O characters join the other two shows. For example, have Rubirosa join SVU (which is in need of a permanent ADA), Cutter perhaps move to CI (ditto), etc. The last few L&O seasons had way too much acting talent to let go to waste now.

7. Zeppster

Turner/Time Warner is trying to buy L&O from NBC and and show new episodes on TNT/TBS so they can justify having reruns after 2012. As it is right now L&O probably will not be shown on TNT after 2012.

8. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know this is an ignorant statement... but there are still going to be three L&O shows on next year if you don't include the UK version. So why is it a big deal if the main one is gone?

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just watched the last 4 hours of 24 in a row

:( bye Jack.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

BSG and LOST. Damn, I'm inconsolable! :lol:

11. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

<<<I'll miss these guys the most.

So Law and Order, hands down. :( But they had an excellent last episode, so I'm glad they ended on the top.

As a fan of the mothership, and a semi-regular viewer of CI and SVU, the original, IMHO, is still the best. Best cast, best writing, especially these last three years. Why cancel this quality and start yet another spin-off in LA?? I don't even know if the new LA show is going to be the same cops and lawyers format that original is known for...(CI has just cops; SVU has a revolving door for the ADA)

I guess I'll miss Sam Waterston and S. Epatha Merkerson and their wonderful characters (as well as the rest of the cast). We're losing an American TV institution...

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Epatha Merkerson wouldn't have been in a 21st season anyways.

Because CI is completely different show and kind of "ehh".
    SVU is "ehh" and will probably be ending.
    LA sucks and isn't needed. Are all the crimes going to be white cops shooting black people? It will most likely end next year too.

Plus one again, the actors on L&O this past season have been REALLY good!

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So it's a TNG > DS9 > VOY > ENT situation? :lol:

Maybe I need to be a fan of the franchise to truly understand the loss anyway.

14. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

Oh yeah, forgot about that! I'll still miss her though...and I couldn't agree with you more about the great cast this year. L&O needs some Emmy, SAG, and GG recognition! Please, pretty please Award gods??

15. Zeppster

The LA version won't last because of the cost it takes to make shows in California. Unless it gets a lot of money in I don't see that show lasting more than a season or two.

I bet the Original is going to be on TNT longer than the the LA version is on NBC.

I kinda like the UK version I've seen a little of it and I didn't think it would fit there but they did a good job and I kinda like their versions better than the original versions of those shows. Hope they write their own new shows next time around. It'll get a 3rd series because it was like the 2nd highest rated show at that time slot last year.

SVU has been unwatchable for about 3 or 4 seasons now. I have watched a few eps here and there and I can tell I haven't missed anything. It's been horrible.

I never could get into SVU that much. I just never was a big fan of VDO's character and Goldblum hasn't really done much for me either.

The original had tough times over the 2000s but the last 3 seasons or so have been amazing. This season might be the best since the mid 90s. If TNT picks it up like I'm reading on several blogs, NBC has made so many boneheaded moves the last few years it's not even funny. Starting with the Conan/Leno debacle a few years ago that led to the last year. But what they've done with L&O moving it's time slot around and giving it terrible time slots. It's amazing it got to 20 seasons on that network.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'll miss LOST. There will never be another show like it on network tv.

I watched 24, but I stopped following 24 halfway through season six, when I realized how bad the show had gotten.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No I'm sure there will be other hugely overrated TV shows in the future. :p

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Sicne you dislike so much am sure you won't have to wait long ;)

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther

I concur wholeheartedly, as you might guess from my av. I've got a serious man-crush on Michael Cutter & Jack McCoy, followed by a wholly hetero, red-blooded American boner for Connie Rubirosa!:drool:

I'm surprised and very heartened by the outpouring of support for Law & Order. I've been hard-pressed to find fans of it IRL. (Most of the crime drama fans I meet IRL are CSI fans. I've been trying to stoke a Law & Order vs. CSI feud for years, trying to emulate the classic Star Trek vs. Star Wars rivalry. I've had zero success on this front, BTW.) Even the few Law & Order fans I do find are more attached to SVU or Criminal Intent. So it's nice to see that I'm not the only one in the thrall of New York's finest prosecutors!

I'd pray with you, but with my track record for this sort of thing, I'd probably be counterproductive.

Truth be told, Law & Order is one of the only TV shows that I still watch with any regularity. (The only others I can think of right now are Doctor Who, Rick Steves' Europe, & reruns of Law & Order: SVU.) Perhaps part of it is the fact that, because Universal is so friggin' behind on the DVDs, I have to watch the NBC episodes to watch anything remotely current.

Thinking of it being canceled has left me nearly inconsolable. I haven't been this saddened by the cancellation of a TV show since Angel. Ever since last night, I've been curled up in a ball, crying, asking for my mommy to read me my Miranda rights.

As for some of the other shows mentioned in the thread:
    I always meant to get into 24. Many of my friends & relatives are big 24 fans. I just haven't taken the opportunity yet.
    Lost & Monk bored me.
    Nip/Tuck never looked like the kind of thing I'd be interested in.
    Scrubs should have ended last year, when J.D. & the head writer left.
    I've been meaning to check out the DVDs of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes but I haven't found the funds yet. (I did find a dirt-cheap $8 copy of the complete American version of Life on Mars but I haven't watched it yet.)

20. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The difference the original Law & Order had was the element of surprise.

I go into episodes of SVU waiting for the big twist five minutes before it's over.