Seska's poor unamed lost baby

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Sep 25, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course he's in love with her, he is utterly smitten.

Well maybe the poor unamed lost baby won't have all that bad a time of it, though his fortunes will depend on his father's and it doesn't look good. As long as he manages to survive childhood his wits and Cardassian nature will make him as big a star as his mother when it comes to the Kazon, with the added advantage of being male. If Janeway had taken him he would have been despised by the Cardassians when they got home and been so Federationized as to have been useless should he ever return to the Delta quadrant.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think there's a moment when Seska is told that Cullah is the father that she decides that soon at some point she might have to re-evaluate everything.

But that kid is going to be treated like a prince, which isn't unusual since he is a prince.

3. teacake

Yes she is completely taken aback and seems quite irritated.

I'm thinking that going through her head was.. NOOOOOOoo not that idjit for a father..

4. Guy Gardener

A rich and powerful idiot that will do anything she says.

That's all most people want from a spouse.

5. teacake

Spouse, yes. Father? No one wants their kid to get the lesser genes. She would have been freaking out during his upbringing every time he thought smashing stuff was the answer to complex problems. Can't tie his shoes? SMASH 'EM.

And.. this is one of the few times Chakotay is a step up in life.

6. Guy Gardener

Rich husbands are often amazed to see how much work their trophy wives have had done before they met, in their children's faces.

"OH! You're Jewish! Why didn't you tell me that you're Jewish? Did you know that you're Jewish?"

Male Cardassians seem like light weights for the most part in the civil restraint department too.

7. teacake

Do you mean that it surprises the husbands to see that 99% of the child comes from the mother's hard work?

8. Guy Gardener

No?

you are more than aware that I meant facetiously, ripping off half a dozen actual comedians, that children don't get their mothers nosejobs.

Inherited traits.

Cullah must have been horrified when that spoon started growing out of his girlfriends forehead as she transitioned from Bajoran to Cardassian.

9. teacake

No I didn't know you meant, facetiously, about nose jobs. Which is why I asked if my assumption was what you meant. I've missed out on a lot of comedies and forgotten the ones I have seen so it flew right by me and I had to assume it was about the dimness of men and the nurturing of women which is what it would have been about if I had written it.

And perhaps Cullah saw it more as a spoon rest.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  10. Guy Gardener

It's an American thing.

Sweet 16 money used for cosmetic surgery.

Do you ever spend so much time here talking to yanks that you forget that you're not supposed to think like they do?

Of course if rewatching every episode of Friends at least 10 times hasn't ruined you, you're probably culturally indomitable.

Yesterday I watched 11 episodes of the Aussie drama Rake, so there was a chance I was going to metamorphosize into one of your lot.

11. teacake

Friends is just godawful. It still irritates me that they set it in NYC with not a skerrick of NYC-ness to any of it. Generic. But I've probably seen no more than 10 eps when forced to sit through it at other people's houses.

I looked up Rake which I hadn't heard of.. I don't do court dramas or those idiotic CSI shows unless there's a very very very good reason. The last good reason was Denny Crane. Anyway..

"Dr. Chandler is accused of having sex with the family dog and Cleaver Greene defends him. "

12. Guy Gardener

Dr Chandler is played by Sam Neil. :)

Also Hugo Weaving is accused of murder just because he ate a guy who committed suicide in his apartment after answering an personal ad to be eaten.

90 percent of any story here is set outside the courtroom, and the actual cases are rarely the impetus of the drama rather than plot from the preceding weeks in his personal life continuing to boil over.

Cleaver Greene, the anti-hero leading the series is juggling his best friends wife he's having an affair with, his exwife and his favourite prostitute he's trying to transform into a girlfriend, while keeping them all from talking to each other about him.

Which is all just a backdrop for between periodic beatings from the mob for not paying his excessive and compounding gambling debts...

Then in season 2 after he's caught by the press fooling around with the State Premiere played by Tony Colette, after which his adventures seem to take on a more political angle because her husband is the minister of Police, decides to destroy our hero.

It's good.

But watch Wonderfalls first.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. teacake

Sam Neill used to be my hottest ever man. This was one hundred years ago before the internet started pouring hottness into my lap. I kind of forgot about him.. he was also in my all time favorite movie, The Piano.

Okay that sounds like quite a line up, Toni Collette is amazing.

I've watched the first Wonderfalls on youtube. It's excellent and perky though I'm hoping it doesn't morph into a show about helping people. I like the protagonist a lot. I like interesting people who are bored as opposed to boring people who are bored like that tedium with Bill Murray in Japan which even Japan could not save.

14. Guy Gardener

Jaye stays bitchy and irascible the whole way through.

10 years later almost and I only just noticed that the mouth breather, her boss from the gift shop is Fargo from Eureka.

No one is forcing you to watch Eureka.