What's your favorite blooper from the S1 gag reel?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mott the barber, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I'd seen many of them before over the years either online or on this old blooper vhs tape I bought from a convention probably 18 years ago, so my favorite was probably Dorn with Berman... "Don't f^#k with me." :guffaw: As far as I know, that one had never actually been released before the blu-rays.

Runner up may be Stewart and the lolipop or Spiner on the Stargazer (he really got the crew going with that one).

I can't wait for S2, as I don't think ANY of those have ever been leaked out.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really liked Spiner's uncanny impression of James Stewart.

3. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Well, hopefully if they do do a Season 2 blooper reel they give us some decent quality transfers, and not stuff that looks like it came from a 5th and 10th generation VHS tape.

But I really like Spiner's "It's A Wonderful Life" take. If Paramount ever does a proper Blu-Ray release of "Wonderful Life", hopefully they'll include Spiner's joke as a bonus.

4. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

IIRC, they only made a gag reel for the first season. I'd be flabbergasted if we do get any new bloopers.

5. Mott the barber

I could have sworn that when reading about TNG-R it was mentioned at some point that they did bloopers for s1 and 2 and then stopped. Considering I've never seen any s2 bloopers, I could be totally wrong though.

6. jb1234

jb1234 Lieutenant Red Shirt

In one of the Okuda interviews, he mentions that there are bloopers for S2 but after that, they stopped.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Spiner's Jimmy Stewart impersonation on the Stargazer by far. He did a great job with it.

8. tomswift2002

Well with the remastering project going on this would be the best time to pull bloopers from the other seasons since hey have access to the film.

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd have to go with Data's Jimmy Stewart as well.

10. Mott the barber

Yeah that would be amazing. While they've made it apparent that they didn't create gag reels at the time for S3-7, I don't see why the Blu-Ray producers couldn't whip something up. Perhaps it would just be too time consuming to find that extra footage. They did start making gag reels again for the later series though, so who knows?

11. jb1234

jb1234 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'd love for them to do that but they probably won't, given the time sink it would be. They could have gone through the film footage for the first two seasons and presented the bloopers in HD but they didn't bother to do that either.

12. Mott the barber

Looks like it's been confirmed that there's a gag reel for S2. As I said above, I don't believe any of these have ever been leaked. Should be awesome.

13. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

My fave was in Stardate:Revisited, when Crosby ran into a scene, tapped her communicator, said "Bridge to Lt Yar", and promptly ran out again.

14. tomswift2002

Well the funny thing is that they've got a number of those same bloopers in the Stardate Revisited section , and aside from a few clips, most of the bloopers in SR came from a higher source resolution tape than what was used for the blooper reel. (Just check out Spiner's Jimmy Stewart gag in both...you see more detail in the SR version.)