Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Alright, let's just try internal story logic.

2. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Seems pretty straightforward to me. (Spoiler warning!)

The Exeter tangles with some Tressaurians, a reptilian race the Captain encountered many years ago. These nasty lizardfolk have stolen a Tholian device that is capable of shifting objects into another dimension. When Exeter follows the Tholians to their home base, they discover a similar device millions of times more powerful that is using a star for a fuel source. This device is capable of shifting whole sectors of space into another dimension.

And that's where we left off two years ago.

3. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Just to clarify a small point: NEO f/x does fine, fast, impressive CGI effects work. But I don't believe we at New Voyages/Phase II have ever used their services for any of our productions.

4. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

What happens to the sector when it's shifted into another dimension?

5. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Partially correct...(and thanks for the kind words)...we DID do the Cow Creek Films opening for one of the released versions of "To Serve All My Days", and I am actually one of the security guards in that episode. I am not sure that episode still exists anywhere, or whether that could be considered part of the production, but that was our contribution.

NV/P2 is one of the few Trek fan projects we have not worked on. Some may be thinking of OGAM where we did the phaser, morphing and eye effects, and WAS filmed on NV stage.

Funny how rumors like that get started...

6. CaptainKen

CaptainKen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Great summary! I was going to attempt to answer that question, but when I read your post, Professor Moriarty, I realized there was no point. You explained it very well and in far fewer sentences than I would have used!

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I talked to Jimm this evening. We're at least two months away from release.

8. CaptainKen

Thanks, Dennis. I really appreciate you keeping us informed.

And I'm happy to see that my Sept-October prediction is still in the realm of possibilities! :)

Did you happen to tell Jimm about our growing campaign of support for his voice to be in Animated Farragut?

Another note: I just watched DS9's "In a Mirror Darkly" episodes. Your Tholian looks pretty good! They sure are a wicked looking alien species!

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Thanks. The Tholian commander, Thokess, is Thomas Sasser's work. The ships are, of course, CG.

Not much of a poly count on a Tholian ship. :lol:

10. RobertMfromLI

RobertMfromLI Lieutenant Red Shirt

You actually do live near at least one, if not two... sorry it didnt work out for you.

11. RobertMfromLI

Greg is correct. NeoFX, their fine work aside, has not to my knowledge worked on our episodes. Max Rem (Battlestar Galactica fame under a different name), The Dave School, Daren Dochterman and a variety of very talented individuals (Joel, Juve, Pony, Tobias and many others) work on our FX.

12. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Who knows?! Tune in to Act IV this Fall and find out! :techman:

13. Lightinspire

Lightinspire Lieutenant Commander

Really? Where? If you are referring to New York, this is not near me..I was referring to an adjoining state close to me or in WV...

14. RobertMfromLI

We are the only ones who shoot up there. For a while, a couple of the other fan films were shooting a mere one state away from you. If you are that interested, you can of course always do your own research on the subject and see if they still are (shooting... or shooting near you).

15. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Lightinspire
    Lieutenant Commander

My Blog lists the location of most major fan film groups. Although I am in the middle of a major reorganization, the groups are listed in Blog 5 along with the locations I have.

I do not have any in West Virginia.

Blog 62: Star Trek: New Homelands
    http://sites.google.com/site/newhomelands//
    The home base is Tennessee, USA.

Star Trek: Mirrorverse (He Who Draws the Sword)
    Golden Age.
    http://st-mirrorverse.com/index.html/
    The home base is Dayton, Ohio.

Star Trek: U.S.S. Hathaway
    Silver Age
    http://www.usshathaway.com//
    The home base is Toledo, Ohio.
    Star Trek: USS Hathaway Trailor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h4eoz5zXeo&feature=related
    USS Hathaway NCC 2593 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEifGNyGBJY&feature=related

There may be more in nearby states, as I have not been able to find the location of every fan film group.

16. RobertMfromLI

Farragut is one that comes to mind, which from their FAQ: "The project headquarters is located in the Greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area"

That since seems to have changed recently to Cincinnati (at least for filming) or elsewhere. But during the time frame in question, they were nearby.

17. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

18. Admiral Buzzkill

I got the tour of the "Farragut headquarters" last night. I wanted to move into the basement. :D ;)

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

What? You didn't offer them a teleplay? How about a spin-off called "The Tressaurian Interstate"?

20. CaptainKen

But I thought Farragut moved to a studio in St. Mary's, Georgia. So, Dennis, were you in Georgia or DC? Or were you at a Farragut producer's home in DC and used his transporter to visit the Bridge of Farragut in Georgia? Can you tell us more? Did you pitch a story? Your script for Exeter's "The Tressaurian" is AMAZING! I really find it to be a true-to-the-original-series kind of story. (Note my attempt to get us back on topic, while asking for more info about Farragut!)

I'm sure your friends at Exeter will be jealous when you tell them that Broughton has a working transporter in his basement! (Note my second attempt to get us back on the topic of Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?)

I'd be more intereseted in moving onto the Bridge than into the basement. ;)