Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

once that's done, please feel free to start a new thread, and then I'll do the easy work. :)

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A while back I started working on photoshoping some of the popular actors into uniforms appropriate for their characters. Would you want me to post any of them in the new thread? At this point I can only due some real baisic stuff, but I'll gladly keep working on it if you guys want me to. Here are the three I did.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Amanda Tapping is NOT Christine Vale. Not in a million years.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

nor is BB Elias Vaughn.

5. Xander

Xander Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey guys newbie here, i have a few casting suggestions.

Soleta - Tia Carrera
    Domenica Corsi - Marjorie Monaghan
    Burgoyne 172 - Jaye Davidson
    Christine Vale - Dina Meyer or Peta Wilson
    Ranul Keru - Khris Scaramanga

Let me know wat you guys all think

Xander

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tried Katee Sackhoff, but I couldn't get any pictures I found to line up with the Kira body I was using. I used Amanda Tapping because I know I've heard alot of people, including (I think) KRAD mention her.
    I don't care for Sean Connery in the role, and BB seemed to have the most positive reaction of the reccomendations that I saw, so I went with BB.

7. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

Then who would be Donatra in "Taking Wing" and "The Red King"? ;)

Tapping or Sackoff as Vale would mean you'd have to ignore references in narratives to her as petite. With that in mind Jessalyn Gislig is another possibility.

8. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Christopher, how's it going??

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It'll be a while before I can get around to this, since I just got CBS's notes on Seek a Newer World and have a fair amount of rewriting to do. If anyone else wants to arrange the casting suggestions by series and weed out the rejected ones, they're welcome to.

10. Xander

Xander Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

what about Peta Wilson?

11. Thrawn

Are you working with a specific editor now, or is the whole thing still in flux?

12. Christopher

All I'm sure I can say is that an interim arrangement has been made for works in progress.

13. Thrawn

It's getting really weird, as a fan, not having any idea who's in charge of this thing. Any idea when we'll find out more?

14. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

^ I actually prefer it this way. My greatest regret about this board is that reading this forum has rendered the curtain between readers and authors and editors quite threadbare. As much as I like being able to ask questions, it would be nice sometimes to simply enjoy the books with other readers without knowing anything of what's going on behind the scenes.

It's also unfortunate that speculations about future stories and story possibilities are censored here in a way that they aren't in other forums on the board that aren't known to be frequented by creators. Sometimes, it would be fun to speculate.

15. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For someone described as "petite"? Peta Wilson is 178 cm (5'10") tall.

16. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I rather like Dina Meyer. I think my impressions of Vale in A Time To Kill and A Time To Heal were very much influenced by her. Other writers have written her in a way that seems somewhat slimmer, though - of smaller, less athletic structure.

17. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I'm sorry, but what is this 'list' of actors for characters everyone is speaking about?

Aside from that, an idea for a character (who I found a bit annoying, but hopefully she grows) came up yesterday....

One of those random things that pop up....

T'Ryssa Chen-Amerie Rogers

I haven't seen her act, and I'm mostly going on looks (I think she's hot; and I like some of her songs) and she is actually half-Asian....

Other actresses: Denyce Lawton, and Kristen Kreuk....

18. Christopher

I suggested above that, given how long this thread has become, it might be more convenient if the viable casting suggestions thus far were compiled into a single list that could be used to start a new thread for handy reference. BrotherBenny did the hard work of compiling all the names, and when I suggested organizing it by series, he sent it to me so I could do that. However, it'd be a bigger job than I thought, and I can't do it for a while since I have novel revisions to do, so it's in limbo for now unless someone else volunteers to take over.

Rogers: I looked at some photos on IMDb, and I don't see it. Too glamorous, not cute or tomboyish enough.

Lawton: Looking at her IMDb photos, there are some shots (where she's smiling) where she kind of looks like she might be in the ballpark. Still, not really right.

Kreuk: Achingly gorgeous, but definitely the wrong type personality-wise, and I already see her as T'Lana.

I think too many people here are casting female characters based only on "who I think is hot" rather than "who would be the best actress for the role." It results in a lot of nice pictures to look at but not a lot of really appropriate casting suggestions. T'Ryssa is attractive, but she isn't a knockout or a supermodel type. She's got a girl-next-door kind of appeal, if the girl next door was a tomboy and a troublemaker.

19. Joel_Kirk

I'd like to volunteer to arrange them by series; it might take me awhile since I don't know my own schedule week to week, but I'll see what I can do....;)

20. Joel_Kirk

Ughhh, I guess I can't edit my post above....

Some suggestions for the voice of Hwii from 'Dark Mirror' that just popped up in my head:
    *Cree Summer
    *Nancy Cartwright

And yes, Hwii is a 'he'....a dolphin-like alien, IIRC

Everytime he spoke, I heard a lovable voice...that brings out an innocent nature, and makes one say, 'Awwww...'